website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

Definitely enjoyed these games. Had the luxury of staying with a friend in Coventry so got to see a lot of the events up close along with the opening ceremony. Great atmosphere and the whole city was buzzing so still coming down off the high of it all.

England had a good games securing a record number of medals. Slightly disappointed we missed out on Golds in some of the team events but enjoyed the Gymnastics, Athletics along with the Basketball and Beach Volleyball which I previously hadnt seen much of but think I could get used to those sports. In general pleased to see all the home nations doing well along with all the others who are going home with hopefully a lot of good memories.

13 minutes ago, Medard81 said:

Definitely enjoyed these games. Had the luxury of staying with a friend in Coventry so got to see a lot of the events up close along with the opening ceremony. Great atmosphere and the whole city was buzzing so still coming down off the high of it all.

England had a good games securing a record number of medals. Slightly disappointed we missed out on Golds in some of the team events but enjoyed the Gymnastics, Athletics along with the Basketball and Beach Volleyball which I previously hadnt seen much of but think I could get used to those sports. In general pleased to see all the home nations doing well along with all the others who are going home with hopefully a lot of good memories.

I think one of the key lessons is not to charge silly prices for tickets. One of the great sights were seeing how many families were there with children. That’s where Eugene messed up

6 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I think one of the key lessons is not to charge silly prices for tickets. One of the great sights were seeing how many families were there with children. That’s where Eugene messed up

Couldn't agree more. 

I had always wanted to watch a gymnastics event, and saw one this time around, then thought I'd look at the ticket prices for Liverpool in October, and they are like twice the price.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Golf, BMX, Coastal rowing are new sports added among others to the 2026 Commonwealth Games program.

Also shooting is back.

No judo or wrestling

Some surprising inclusions. Sad to see judo left off the program. It would appear rhythmic gymnastics has also been dropped. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Victoria 2026 sports:

Athletics and Para-Athletics; Badminton; Basketball (3×3 and 3×3 Wheelchair); Boxing; Beach Volleyball; Coastal Rowing; T20 Cricket (Women’s only); Cycling (BMX, Mountain Bike, Road, Track and Para-Track); Diving; Golf; Gymnastics; Hockey; Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls; Netball; Para-Powerlifting; Rugby Sevens; Shooting and Para-shooting; Squash; Table Tennis and Para-Table Tennis;

Triathlon and Para-Triathlon; Weightlifting.

well for India .... It's really good to see shooting back.... With the inclusion of para shooting and judo being dropped India will almost surely regain third place beating Canada 

But on the list of sports.... Really dropping wrestling is stupid... It is one of the CWG sports where you will see some of the top names in action.... India, Nigeria and Canada have a good cast of wrestlers who win medals at the world championships .... 

rhythmic gymnastics and judo being dropped are welcome the standard of these sports in cwg is pathetic by world standard...

Even though India wins medals in judo it is good to drop these sports.....

Another cycling event being added is terrible from the global interest point of view so bad choice.....

I love the  idea of coastal rowing being added 👍

Golf is ok i guess..... But would have preferred more exciting choices like sports climbing 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

:NGR has been disqualified from the women’s 4x100m.

New podium - :ENG:JAM:AUS

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1138899/womens-4x100m-nigeria-disqualified

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela