website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Beautiful sky in Birmingham as seen in beach volleyball.  

Sunsets have been phenomenal on camera this week.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

International feed commentators have been gradually getting on my nerves the last few days with their seemingly pro-home nation attitude, or at least focus, but the way Moraa :KEN performance was treated really annoyed me. It’s like they were trying to poke holes in the credibility of it, or nitpick every aspect of it, while lauding praise on Hodgkinson :ENG and Muir :SCO

Sounds like BBC :d

BBC have become really obnoxiously bad in the last couple of years.... we get that they should be biased towards British athletes but it's definitely tipping over the edge now. I mean the amount of "home fervour" that was shown when England beat Gambia in beach volleyball was laughable :d

5 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Close match in volleyball.

The bigger question is why is the BBC so anti-Canada in every sport?  This goes further than just pro-home team.  They seem to root against every Canadian in every sport.  Weird.  

But one has a Canadian wife!!! Can't forget that.

6 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Close match in volleyball.

The bigger question is why is the BBC so anti-Canada in every sport?  This goes further than just pro-home team.  They seem to root against every Canadian in every sport.  Weird.  

Eh? Believe me mate, when it comes to the nations we dislike Canada wouldn’t make the top 100.  Australia, on the other hand…

I believe that was the first time “Oh, Beautiful Virgin Islands” was played at the Commonwealth Games…

I believe “God Save The Queen” was played last time, since they didn’t expect a gold medal :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela