website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

19 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Sure, the judges know they were all eager to sing "God Save the Queen".

Seriously, I'm always baffled that Great Britain, and England, always receive huge scores with okay (but not spectacular) routines when events are hosted in the nation. It was exactly the same in 2015 when GBR won the women's artistic gymnastics team bronze medal. Guess what? The World Championships will be in England this year. I think GBR will comfortably win a team medal again no matter what the other nations do. 

THey must have heard you. The individual all around gold medalist did not win an apparatus medal... lol wut? This seems very odd

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

How many times do decathletes win medals in single event?. :evil: 

That is an apples to oranges comparison.

In fact every individual all around Commonwealth champion won 2 or more apparatus medals... so this is a complete anomaly 

The most surprising results of all comes from table tennis. Imagine India MS versus England MS in both the semifinals. On top of that none of the Singapore MS even qualified to play in the semifinals. Well this seems like a VERY STRANGE result. Huge upsets created here.

WS category did not spring in any upsets or any surprising results as it is an all Singapore WS finals.

2 Singapore WD in the semifinals and I guess they will be able to win in the semifinals easily to play in the finals.

MD also spring in a lot of upsets and surprising results. No Singapore MD in the finals. On top of that England MD spring in a surprise by defeating Singapore MD in the semifinals.  First time ever it will be England MD versus India MD in the finals.

The most surprising result would come from XD category. Singapore XD did not qualify to play in the finals for the very first time I think. Malaysia XD defeated Singapore XD to play in the finals. India XD also played well to defeat Australia XD. For the very first time it is India versus Malaysia XD in the finals.

Well table tennis did spring in a lot of surprises indeed. What is evident here is Singapore is no longer that dominating in Table Tennis anymore.