website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

:CAN coach refuses to shake Oborududu :NGR hand after losing the gold medal match. A bit of a classless act there.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, what a run from Simwaka :MAW to qualify for the women’s 400m final :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

:MAW Simwaka made the women's 400 m final with third best time (NR). It will not be easy, but a medal is possible.

Ran that from lane 8 as well…

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

What the?! The results in the individual all-around final in rhythmic gymnastics are... I have no words. Ekimova with the gold medal? We've had plenty of weird results in men's artistic gymnastics with gold medals galore for England, so I must have been very naive not to believe this would happen again in rhythmic gymnastics.

Even the results when England did not win medals were STILL weird. For example, Rooskrantz had a mostly clean uneven bars routine and she earned a bronze medal with 13.433. The English girl, Achampong, had a very untidy routine with lots and lots of errors and still got the same score. Rooskrantz had a better execution score, so she won the bronze medal and Achampong finished medal-less, but the point is that Achampong should not even score that high to begin with.

The scores for the English gymnasts have been ridiculous.

And Kallemaa once again was robbed. Unbelievable.

Can I point out that CWG judges come from all the nations in that sport not just CW nations? I guess it’s possible that they were intimidated by a threatening audience  of 10 year old girls, though.

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Can I point out that CWG judges come from all the nations in that sport not just CW nations?

All of the judges in the rhythmic gymnastics all-around final were from the Commonwealth, though each CGA only had one.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

All of the judges in the rhythmic gymnastics all-around final were from the Commonwealth, though each CGA only had one.

And we all know how much they love the Mother Country.

Edited by Grassmarket

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

They are all horrible. Idk why international federations insist on English announcers.

probably they're less expensive than US and Canadian...:whistle:

and more comprehensible to the international audience than Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans (the worst of them all)...:rolleyes: