website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Each category awards 12 quotas. How are ranks 9-12 determined? Also, does a Round of 16 win guarantee a quota (ie top 8)?

Ah yes, then there is a loser bracket iirc from previous years to determine the last few spots. Of Note +80 and +67 have only 10 quotas each.

23 nations qualified in taekwndo, including :HAI and :BOL each qualifying 2 athletes!

:TTO :SUR :ARU and :BAR did not qualify any athletes, and should receive one wildcard each, which will leave 4 wild cards open. I suspect one of those will go to :BRA Talisca Reis, defending silver medalist and second seed at the qualifiers, who missed out on qualification.

This is also the first time since qualification began (from 2011), :CAN fails to qualify a full team. 

Edited by intoronto

Update on sailing quotas: https://panamsailing.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/STATUS-OF-COUNTRY-QUALIFICATION-SANTIAGO-2023-20-MARCH-2023-w-NOC-CONFIRMATIONS.pdf

:ARG qualified for all Olympic classes, while :CAN missed out on a men’s IQFOiL quota.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

These should be the UCI rankings quotas (track cycling). Not 100% confirmed until Copaci says so (arguably the worst CF with UPAG)

Men's team Sprint: :CAN

Men's team pursuit: :CAN 

Men's Madison: :USA

Men's Sprint: :TTO 

Men's Keirin: :TTO 

Men's Omnium: :USA

Women's team Sprint: :CAN

Women's team pursuit: :CAN 

Women's Madison: :USA

Women's Sprint: :USA 

Women's Keirin: :CAN 

Women's Omnium: :USA

@intoronto Okay, so under you interpretation of the qualification system…is Canada still eligible to get a quotas in the individual sprint/keirin? I believe there’s a provision that an NOC can not get quotas for the individual events once they’ve won a team quota or something like that…

If the Madison counts under that provision, who’s next in line for the omnium quotas?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

@intoronto Okay, so under you interpretation of the qualification system…is Canada still eligible to get a quotas in the individual sprint/keirin? I believe there’s a provision that an NOC can not get quotas for the individual events once they’ve won a team quota or something like that…

If the Madison counts under that provision, who’s next in line for the omnium quotas?

Good question, im unsure. I assumed the rule applied to sprint/team sprint only

15 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Good question, im unsure. I assumed the rule applied to sprint/team sprint only

Well…limit is nine quotas. 3+4+2 = 9.

Pan Am Racquetball Championships start tomorrow

Brackets: https://www.r2sports.com/website/division-list.asp?TID=40828&sortBy=defaultOrder

From my understanding, only teams can qualify, meaning the women's doubles entries will all qualify. One will miss out in the men's section