website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

@SindoCanada vs USA in women's handball series is on Nov 10 and Nov 13. Total aggregate advances. The men usually also compete, but won't this time (or in a different series). I think this means Canada chose not to enter a men's team but not 100% on that.

Men's RAN Sevens Pools:

POOL A
Jamaica
Trinidad & Tobago
Curacao

POOL B
México
Cayman Islands
The Bahamas
St. Lucia

POOL C
Bermuda
Barbados
Belize
Dominican Republic

Top 2 advance to Santiago 2023

Women's RAN Sevens pools:

Bermuda
Dominican Republic
Jamaica
México
St. Lucia
Trinidad & Tobago

Top 2 also advance to Santiago 2023.

Fingers crossed for small county to advance, but I fully expect :MEX and :JAM to win quotas in both tournaments 

Tournament will be held Nov 12/13

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Pan Am women's softball championships are in mid November, top 6 qualify (USA and Chile have already qualified). The tournament is being held in Guatemala, but no participation from them? Weird.

(

Probably they will be barred from team qualifiers until Guatemalan NOC suspension is lifted.

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Men's RAN Sevens Pools:

POOL A
Jamaica
Trinidad & Tobago
Curacao

POOL B
México
Cayman Islands
The Bahamas
St. Lucia

POOL C
Bermuda
Barbados
Belize
Dominican Republic

Top 2 advance to Santiago 2023

Women's RAN Sevens pools:

Bermuda
Dominican Republic
Jamaica
México
St. Lucia
Trinidad & Tobago

Top 2 also advance to Santiago 2023.

Fingers crossed for small county to advance, but I fully expect :MEX and :JAM to win quotas in both tournaments 

Tournament will be held Nov 12/13

That may be true in the women’s tournament, but the men Serpents are way more unpredictable, so it will be Jamaica plus some other team in the boys section.

@intoronto appreciate the previews of upcoming qualifiers. It would be nice to get a calendar similar to one we keep for the Olympics. I’d like to follow along more.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, mrv86 said:

For the individuals, if no other country is present, the FEI rankings will be used to assign the missing 2 quotas, which correct me if I’m wrong, will go to Ecuador, as I expect Colombia to qualify in the CAC Games.

Excluding Colombia, the quotas will provisionally go to :ECU :PER.

Peru is clearly trying to keep their eventing afloat after LIma 2019. Ecuador has individual talent but once again they are not sending teams who could have qualified. It's weird how they sent their absolute best in dressage for the Bolivarian Games (including USA-based Julio Mendoza and his top horse), but they did no such thing for the much more consequential South American Games. Shame.

From what I have read during the South American Games, it sounds like the roads in South America are really, really bad. So it's hardly a surprise that people are not traveling 4000 km from Peru to Campo de Mayo for this event.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Ecuador has individual talent but once again they are not sending teams who could have qualified. It's weird how they sent their absolute best in dressage for the Bolivarian Games

Surprising as the Bolivarian Games are sort of a fourth tier games any fourth rate city can host.

Bust as you said, maybe is the cost and difficulty of traveling in the American Continent in general, which is even geographically impossible to do so by road.

Now talking about the roads I can attest that the ones in Chile and Uruguay were in better shape than those of Mexico 8 years ago, and same can be said of the streets in Buenos Aires compared to almost every city in country.

As for Peru, outside the nice parts in Lima (which is easily the place with the worst transit in Latin America), the rest of the roads were indeed crappy. 

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

Pan Am women's softball championships are in mid November, top 6 qualify (USA and Chile have already qualified). The tournament is being held in Guatemala, but no participation from them? Weird.

(

I think this "WBSC" team is Guatemala but I'm not sure.