website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, intoronto said:

This confirms the information I listed above.

There is no tennis listed. Weird.

Roller speed skating has 8 events now. Extra 2 gold to Colombia.

Golf mixed team appears to have been dropped.

Boxing and taekwondo are also missing :(

17 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

Boxing and taekwondo are also missing :(

The taekwondo one exists, taekwondo Canada has it their selection criteria. Weird it wasn't included. Maybe changes are ongoing.

Boxing is a mess so not surprised there.

Tennis and racquetball no clue. 

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The taekwondo one exists, taekwondo Canada has it their selection criteria. Weird it wasn't included. Maybe changes are ongoing.

Boxing is a mess so not surprised there.

Tennis and racquetball no clue. 

Found the one for taekwondo on the Canadian federation’s website. Thanks!

I found this on Wikipedia earlier. I think it’s an earlier version of the qualification manual. It includes racquetball.

https://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/document/6b64-2673629/Santiago_2023_Qualification_Systems_Manual.pdf#_ga=2.187234856.1651542854.1654374620-1798491351.1654374616

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Anyone have the qualifiers for boxing, breaking or tennis?

Specifically, I am wondering if the South American Games will be a qualifier for those events.

I don't have the systems, but yesterday PanamSports released a list of sports with qualifiers (and now it has been deleted), which said the winner of each event in boxing, and the winner/silver medalists in Tennis would qualify directly.

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

I don't have the systems, but yesterday PanamSports released a list of sports with qualifiers (and now it has been deleted), which said the winner of each event in boxing, and the winner/silver medalists in Tennis would qualify directly.

I saw that too, but they are also claiming artistic roller skating and skateboarding were qualifiers whereas the qualification document only lists speed roller skating as a qualifier to the Pan Am Games. Maybe it's been changed, but I suspect there was a reason why the article was removed...

Looking at the 2019 games, tennis was a qualifier, but not boxing though who knows what's going on there.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

I saw that too, but they are also claiming artistic roller skating and skateboarding were qualifiers whereas the qualification document only lists speed roller skating as a qualifier to the Pan Am Games. Maybe it's been changed, but I suspect there was a reason why the article was removed...

Looking at the 2019 games, tennis was a qualifier, but not boxing though who knows what's going on there.

I also noticed in the technical manual file, roller sports has been removed.

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Anyone have the qualifiers for boxing, breaking or tennis?

Specifically, I am wondering if the South American Games will be a qualifier for those events.

Boxing: the gold medallist will qualiify for Panamerican Games (the athlete, not NOC)

Breaking: is not qualifier for Panam

Tennis: the gold and silver medallist will qualiify for Panamerican Games (the athlete, not NOC)

While we’re on the topic, the official website has a section with the qualification systems linked: https://santiago2023.org/en/sistema-clasificacion.html

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela