website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I’m not sure about some these program quotas decisions. All these combat sports having nine athletes per event will make the draw wonky. Plus, it seems like sports/events are just being added or subtracted arbitrarily here and there (as in there doesn’t seem to be a common thread or logic to it.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not sure about some these program quotas decisions. All these combat sports having nine athletes per event will make the draw wonky. Plus, it seems like sports/events are just being added or subtracted arbitrarily here and there (as in there doesn’t seem to be a common thread or logic to it.)

Synchro makes sense as no athletes added. Softball men's being dropped also makes sense as all other non Olympic sports saw cuts.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

The weirdest part for me is: add or cut events for a event like that, during the qualification process.

Breaking, for instance, wouldnt tske part on it, and suddenly it is in, and also the event will be used as qualifier to the Olympics.

They should have established exactly all the events a long time ago

On 9/9/2022 at 9:46 PM, Laraja said:

The weirdest part for me is: add or cut events for a event like that, during the qualification process.

Breaking, for instance, wouldnt tske part on it, and suddenly it is in, and also the event will be used as qualifier to the Olympics.

They should have established exactly all the events a long time ago

I think the event program was decided long ago, but news is just trickling in. Sadly PASO/Panamsports is really bad in communicating stuff like this, even though their communication for the last two cycles has improved

On 9/9/2022 at 9:48 PM, Laraja said:

Do you have source :p?

Sadly no. Hopefully soon.

6 hours ago, PHI2019 said:

Found the complete Santiago 2023 Qualification manual on the Pan Am sports website.

Untitled - Qualification-System-Manual.pdf

This confirms the information I listed above.

There is no tennis listed. Weird.

Roller speed skating has 8 events now. Extra 2 gold to Colombia.

Golf mixed team appears to have been dropped.

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

This confirms the information I listed above.

There is no tennis listed. Weird.

Roller speed skating has 8 events now. Extra 2 gold to Colombia.

Golf mixed team appears to have been dropped.

You’re right. Tennis isn’t in the manual. And neither is racquetball. :(