website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Because they are too good (literally) since they have to place between 3-5th, which is highly unlikely with the team's strength atm

Exactly, but USA and Canada can still qualify even though they're far ahead of the competition. I guess they want do give opportunities for other South American nations that won't go to the Olympics.

Just now, vinipereira said:

Exactly, but USA and Canada can still qualify even though they're far ahead of the competition. I guess they want do give opportunities for other South American nations that won't go to the Olympics.

Both declined last time due to the World Cup, but there is a bit of a gap from WC to PAG next year so maybe both will play

13 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Because it's a Conmebol decision. Concacaf doesn't have to do the same. 

My guess of why they do it: south american women teams have so little continental competition (just a copa america every 4 years lmao) that they don't want to leave so many teams without doing anything for such long period. 

Brazil doesn't need it since they will always play the olympics and world cup. They want to throw a bone to the teams below.

Two sailing qualifiers will happen in the next two weeks:

49er, 49erfx and Nacra17 Worlds in :CAN Halifax

Eligible boats:

49er: :BRA:CAN :MEX :USA :URU (two will qualify)

49erfx: :BRA :CAN :USA (two will qualify)

Nacra17: :ARG :BRA :CAN:USA (two will qualify)

South American Windsurfing Championships in :BRA

Eligible boats:

Men: :ARU :ARG :BRA :PER

Women: :ARG :BRA :PER

Two will qualify for each

7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Looks like Atos is out:

https://www.panamsports.org/news-sport/bornan-joins-panam-sports-as-official-technology-provider/

Pretty big, considering Toronto and Lima used Atos

Bornan has landed some big agreements lately. I believe they’re handling the next few events for Panam Sports, Centro Caribe Sports, and the OCA. 

Atos has been mostly absent from this cycle. They did the last two results systems for the Olympics, but I don’t know if they’ve landed any events outside of that yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela