website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Men's and Women's compound team events are now included in the program, which will add 14 individual places, meaning 34 athletes (17 in each gender) will compete in Santiago.

They will follow the 2 per team format used at the 2019 Summer Universiade.

Source

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Men's and Women's compound team events are now included in the program, which will add 14 individual places, meaning 34 athletes (17 in each gender) will compete in Santiago.

They will follow the 2 per team format used at the 2019 Summer Universiade.

Source

Personally I rather they use the quotas to get back some of the cut sports.

58 minutes ago, intoronto said:

In defense of Panam Sports and World Archery, the America’s are rather strong in Compound archery. We have a good amount of top ranked archers, and we’ve done well at the World Games. I do wish that they’d figure out a way to bring Bowling and Racquetball back.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Indeed. I'd love to actually see those sports cut back in the program, plus some adjustment and increase to better balance participation.

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Apparently roller hockey has been proposed for the Santiago 2023 program.

@mrv86 @Olympian1010

Well they already made a pictogram for it last year, so it’s not much of a surprise :p

Remind me how Roller Hockey is more cost effective than Bowling or Racquetball again? Don’t get me wrong, it’d be cool to see it on the program, but I can’t help but feel bad for some core Pan Am sports that have been cheated here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well they already made a pictogram for it last year, so it’s not much of a surprise :p

Remind me how Roller Hockey is more cost effective than Bowling or Racquetball again? Don’t get me wrong, it’d be cool to see it on the program, but I can’t help but feel bad for some core Pan Am sports that have been cheated here.

It isn't. Chile is sort of good in the sport? I hope its shot down. Toronto 2015 proposed cricket (which would have been nice, as some of the smaller caribbean countries could have gotten teams), but that was rejected.

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

Apparently roller hockey has been proposed for the Santiago 2023 program.

@mrv86 @Olympian1010

Well it was about time, after a long absence.

:ARG will be favorite for gold, with :CHI and :COL going for the other two spots in the podium.

:BRA, :USA & :URU are likely to complete the roster of 6 teams.

Sadly :MEX has long forget this discipline in a long time.

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It isn't. Chile is sort of good in the sport? I hope its shot down. Toronto 2015 proposed cricket (which would have been nice, as some of the smaller caribbean countries could have gotten teams), but that was rejected.

First I’ve ever heard of that :yikes:

Also, what type of Roller Hockey are we talking about here? Inline or Quad?

If it’s inline the Americans will be the favorite for gold.