website statistics

Sport Events going on during the Coronavirus Outbreak

heywoodu

Seemingly major sport in Australia continues behind closed doors at least for this weekend

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8124651/Desperate-punters-start-betting-WEATHER-Australia-worldwide-sporting-codes-shut-down.html

Edited by Grassmarket

25 minutes ago, ATHENS 1896 said:

Which are the top leagues from team seasonal sports that are still on, even behind closed doors?

I know Turkish footballl league, and maybe Australia NRL and AFL. Anything else that you can add?

Turkey has football, basketball and volleyball leagues.

Belarus has football, handball, hockey and volleyball.

Russia has some volleyball and some hockey.

Australia has a variety of sports still going on.

There is plenty of football in Africa, Middle East and Americas including Brazils regional cups.

I have on my calendar two sports events which according to federations were supposed to start tomorrow and for which I have not been able to find any official sources about their postponments/cancellation:

• Speed Skating ISU China Cup 2019 - 2020 (Urumqi stage) Still listed on the ISU website (with wrong dates) and speedskatingnews.com @Vic Liu Could you find any source (even in Chinese language) about this event ?
  • Diving LEN Youth Budapest International Meet 2020 Still listed on LEN website @Vektor Could you find any source (even in Hungarian language) about this event ? I think all sports events in Hungary are cancelled ? But can you find an official statement by the Hungarian Diving Federation ?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I have on my calendar two sports events which according to federations were supposed to start tomorrow and for which I have not been able to find any official sources about their postponments/cancellation:

• Speed Skating ISU China Cup 2019 - 2020 (Urumqi stage) Still listed on the ISU website (with wrong dates) and speedskatingnews.com @Vic Liu Could you find any source (even in Chinese language) about this event ?
  • Diving LEN Youth Budapest International Meet 2020 Still listed on LEN website @Vektor Could you find any source (even in Hungarian language) about this event ? I think all sports events in Hungary are cancelled ? But can you find an official statement by the Hungarian Diving Federation ?

Thanks!

This stage is a national cup only for Chinese athletes. And China skating association announced that all kinds of national speed skating and short track speed skating events would be postponed indefinitely on 2nd Feb. The announcement is in Chinese from China skating association official website.

http://www.chinacsa.net.cn/c/2020-02-02/488847.shtml

29 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Not being listed here is one thing: https://www.swiss-diving.net/Main.aspx?xview=6de75635-e3e7-4284-beaa-67940b9298a3

Second thing is that "Hungarian Diving Federation is following the governal and international federation's recommendations and information concerning the pandemia of coronavirus and does everything with its immediate enforcening" (my own translation from Hungarian Diving Federation's website)

14 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

This stage is a national cup only for Chinese athletes. And China skating association announced that all kinds of national speed skating and short track speed skating events would be postponed indefinitely on 2nd Feb. The announcement is in Chinese from China skating association official website.

http://www.chinacsa.net.cn/c/2020-02-02/488847.shtml

So it's safe to say this event will not happen ? I thought being China huge and Urumqi far from Wuhan, and being this a national event the even could have happened. But maybe all sports are still suspended in the whole nation ?