website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 hours ago, dcro said:

One lesson we all learned from this. Buy a pack of masks when this blows over. :d

Or don’t do that since it’s causing a shortage for medical professionals who actually need them.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's obvously not the case when there is no pandemic going around.

Plus I'm assuming countries will make sure they'll have plenty of them after this :p 

Or I'm overestimating the IQ of governments. Probably that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Nealy 10k tests were performed in Turkey and 1815 resulted positive. nearly %20 of people infected in here. 

About deaths ,personally I dont trust government's number. They said 23 deaths today but in Kilyos cemetery number was 21. (kilyos is the cemetery for positives in European Istanbul)

On 28/03/2020 at 06:44, nitinsanker said:

And what a huge jump in turkey suddenly 2000 cases in a single day @donerkebab ..... 

It is not a schock for me and i believe it is gonna increase more rapidly. Bc economic reasons Turkish govt cant impose nationwide lockdown. For now you cant go to national parks ,coasts on weekend and there is a curfew for 65+ people. They banned intercity busses and domestic flights too. But 5 big cities in Turkey has more than 1.5M population. Istanbul is a city about 16 million. Istanbul and Izmir is the worst affected parts of Turkey. Everyone in the opposition parties suggest curfew in both cities. But it is not gonna happen soon and we're gonna see 300-400 deaths per day imo.

It's a sad sight when some "expert" on national TV is saying that coronavirus should grow weaker as the temperatures increase.

Isn't it common knowledge at this point that this virus can survive Spring / Summer temperatures?

#banbestmen

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's a sad sight when some "expert" on national TV is saying that coronavirus should grow weaker as the temperatures increase.

Isn't it common knowledge at this point that this virus can survive Spring / Summer temperatures?

Don't know what they mean weaker, but at least what I am hoping for is reduced transmission, as I hope virus itself cannot survive this long on the surfaces exposed to direct sunlight. We'll see what time brings.

Edited by Wanderer

35 minutes ago, hckosice said:

And now something also for romantic souls. :d

Weddings are allowed only at local offices and under strict conditions with minimal participation and without guests.

svadba-7-ruska.jpg

Honestly the ideal way to have a wedding. Should I ever get married (and I don’t intend too), our wedding will private, with only our close family inviting. The ceremony can last no longer then 20 minutes, and we leave straight to a 1 month long honeymoon somewhere far away from anyone that knows us.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela