website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

That what worries me the most, the rate of daily new cases in Italy has been slighty on the rise for the last two days (from +13% to +15%). How is that possible ?

This ! How it can spread if you are isolated or in quarantine ? There must be something really wrong going on, that´s extremely worrying

1 minutę temu, hckosice napisał:

This ! How it can spread if you are isolated or in quarantine ? There must be something really wrong going on, that´s extremely worrying

I read that in some bodies virus can be even by 21 until first symptoms of illness, people might don't know that are infected and by leaving home can infected another people. If literally everyone would stay in home by three weeks then virus probably could spread less.

51 minutes ago, hckosice said:

there are still many people on the streets...

remember that there are 10 million people in a realtively small are, which incidentally is also the core of the economical, industrial and financial system of the whole Country...

this means that we can't stop all the jobs, we just can't close everything down as they apparently did in Wuhan (for instance), otherwise the whole Nation would go bankrupt in a while...

add to this the fact that the early mishandling of the situation led to many doctors and hospital personnel to get infected as well, with the consequence that many people already hospitalized for other issues had been infected this way, causing a lot of deaths because if you are already facing cancer or other bad diseases, this virus almost automatically gives you the final push to the end...

moreover, usually Italian family members have always intense relationships, seeing each other very often also among the non strict relatives...

and our attitude doesn't make ourselves the most disciplined people in the world (many thousends of violations have been recorded only in the last few days, even this is more a problem of the Central/Southern regions rather than Lombardy, where however it's been estimated that 40% of residents every day move for some reason -most of them for good reasons and within authorized parameters, but still)...

put all these aspects together and you have the perfect storm, with basically minimal chance to limit the damage in a very consistent way...

Edited by phelps

56 minutes ago, hckosice said:

We are in The period of incubation of people  Who moved from North to South. More or less, 25th March could  be the most important day in 2020, by then, or at least from then, we should start going better

@Vojthas Prince Albert has tested positive for Covid-19. His condition is stable, and not serious.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

p.s. by the way, I just read an article that shocked me more than the actual numbers of infected and / or dead people...

this is the Italian original source (in Italian, of course)...

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/19/news/coronavirus_tamponi_da_brescia_a_stati_uniti-251735473/?ref=RHPPTP-BL-I251736270-C12-P1-S1.12-T1

basically, they say that a firm located in the Brescia province (the true heart of contagion in Italy) just sold half a million of coronavirus test kits to the USA, kits that have been brought to the USA with a military flight from the Aviano US Base last Monday (when we were already in the middle of the crisis with almost 30,000 cases and more than 3000 deaths)...

to be remembered, we did perform just a bit more than 180,000 tests and we're complaining every day that we should test more but we lack kits...

well, after reading this, I feel like I never felt before...I just can't keep my anger and frustration within myself...I don't really know how to calm down...:zip: :hairpull:

p.s. the news has been officially confirmed by the US ambassador in Italy, this is no leak nor anything subject to interpretation / verification...

34 minutes ago, phelps said:

p.s. by the way, I just read an article that shocked me more than the actual numbers of infected and / or dead people...

this is the Italian original source (in Italian, of course)...

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/19/news/coronavirus_tamponi_da_brescia_a_stati_uniti-251735473/?ref=RHPPTP-BL-I251736270-C12-P1-S1.12-T1

basically, they say that a firm located in the Brescia province (the true heart of contagion in Italy) just sold half a million of coronavirus test kits to the USA, kits that have been brought to the USA with a military flight from the Aviano US Base last Monday (when we were already in the middle of the crisis with almost 30,000 cases and more than 3000 deaths)...

to be remembered, we did perform just a bit more than 180,000 tests and we're complaining every day that we should test more but we lack kits...

well, after reading this, I feel like I never felt before...I just can't keep my anger and frustration within myself...I don't really know how to calm down...:zip: :hairpull:

p.s. the news has been officially confirmed by the US ambassador in Italy, this is no leak nor anything subject to interpretation / verification...

Wait, earlier reports in other media (can't find it at the moment) said USA bought half a million swabs, not full test kits...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!