website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly! That's one of the biggest issues with a too tight lockdown, and only time will tell which countries did it 'right' and which didn't.

I like the British approach. Hide the elderly, and at risk, and fucking accelerate that curve,

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I like the British approach. Hide the elderly, and at risk, and fucking accelerate that curve,

Wait, no, don't accelerate any curve! That just makes the hospitals be absolutely overloaded, even way more.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I meant to check in on you @Wumo. How are you doing now?

Well beside stabbing @heywoodu, I feel much better. :) My symptoms have almost dissapared. I can now sleep normally. I haven't been checked, so I don't know if it was "just" a common flu or the Covid-19. Of couse, even though my symptoms are gone, I will still follow the guidelines of my country's health authorities and stay in home quarantine. 

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I hoped that Turkey will stay low with numbers. 

It is going to increase. I think it is gonna be 200 sth. tomorrow. I t was 47 yesterday. As a doctor I think im gonna be sick in 10 days too  

Turkey will be new hotspot after Italy imo.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

It makes literally zero difference though. To try and contain the spread at least inside the country, they should have completely closed borders for people coming out of the then affected areas, specifically Wuhan/Hubei/China, Iran, South Korea and Italy. Blocking people from Ecuador or Burundi, for example, makes zero difference considering they'd be coming into a more affected area instead of bringing something into a less affected area.

How do you know that? I always wonder why people for example take the brazilian or indian numbers seriously ... when you test noone you probably also won't find infected people ...

I am not saying that this it the case in Ecuador/Burundi, but just because someone hasn't testes positive, doesn't mean that he/she isn't infected and might spread it. Personally i also don't know what should be done with a person like that? Where/how should they go into quarantine? What is the point of travelling to a foreign country when that country is in a lockdown?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Countries closing their airports and land borders...as someone who's sometimes been playing Plague Inc every now and then for the past few years, it's just bizarre to see it happening in real life now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!