website statistics

Men's Football CAF African Cup of Nations 2021

Totallympics

Just now, LDOG said:

It's the most important cup, it has to count. Algeria was around top 15 after 2014 world cup.

Senegal has 2nd place in Afcon and I think 17th place in world cup (they made 4pts, it's not like they went and lost 3 games).

Algeria has 1st in africa and failed to qualify for world cup. It's logical that Senegal is higher when looking at the average performance.

Netherlands didnt qualify even to the euro :lol:

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Yes, Netherlands ranking doesn't make much sense and seems unfair. But I was just comparing african teams.

I told you Egypt was ranked 10 after they won the African cup and they didnt qualify to the world cup

Senegal has qualified because they were in a weak group while ALG was with Nigeria Cameroon and the last African champion Zambia 

Edited by bestmen

16 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Yes, Netherlands ranking doesn't make much sense and seems unfair. But I was just comparing african teams.

Not in the old system, but a lot more in the ELO system that's used nowadays, where a win against a strong team is (logically) awarded with more points than a win against the world's number 158 or something. Since this system has been adopted a bit over a year ago, the Netherlands has won against England, France and Germany, with especially those first two (top-5 teams) being awarded well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Not in the old system, but a lot more in the ELO system that's used nowadays, where a win against a strong team is (logically) awarded with more points than a win against the world's number 158 or something. Since this system has been adopted a bit over a year ago, the Netherlands has won against England, France and Germany, with especially those first two (top-5 teams) being awarded well.

Wales USA Chile Mexico Ukraine Denmark Uruguya Venexuela Austria defeated the top 5 too? 

why they are good ranked