website statistics

LA 2028 discussion thread

Rossolympia

40 minutes ago, owenp_23 said:

Wow we are similar. I am pursuing a degree in Mass Communications (Journalism focus) starting in the fall and would absolutely love working at LA28.

I am more interested in the broadcasting side but also do work with newspaper (online and print) reporting.

Awesome! Good luck! I'm two years into my degree (halfway done). I've had a blast so far. I've been able to cover some cool events like the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (sat front row). My tip: don't say no to anything. If any opportunity comes up, pounce on it. You never know what's going to happen.

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They should just make the three of us the Gen Z Comms Team :cool:

That would be a blast haha!

1 hour ago, bmo said:

Awesome! Good luck! I'm two years into my degree (halfway done). I've had a blast so far. I've been able to cover some cool events like the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (sat front row). My tip: don't say no to anything. If any opportunity comes up, pounce on it. You never know what's going to happen.

That would be a blast haha!

I graduate with a bachelor’s degree next week :teacher:

You give the same exact advice I’d give to anyone else in communications, entertainment, or management. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I graduate with a bachelor’s degree next week :teacher:

You give the same exact advice I’d give to anyone else in communications, entertainment, or management. 

Congrats!!! Great to hear!

I was just discussing with my friends about trying to go to the Olympics in Paris since I'll be moving there for a bit this fall to study abroad. (probably still won't be there for Olympics though) but I was saying I honestly have very little desire to go to the olympics because I'd rather sit at home with 5 different screens so I can watch as many as events as possible (from the comfort of my own home) maybe I just don't like big crowds... but going to see 100m finals would be a dream. 

On 5/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, bmo said:

Does anyone here plan on attending the LA 2028 games?

If time permits and I can get extended vacation time, I will be attending the LA games. I want to watch the track and field, swimming, soccer and badminton events. 

11 hours ago, Rdbc said:

I was just discussing with my friends about trying to go to the Olympics in Paris since I'll be moving there for a bit this fall to study abroad. (probably still won't be there for Olympics though) but I was saying I honestly have very little desire to go to the olympics because I'd rather sit at home with 5 different screens so I can watch as many as events as possible (from the comfort of my own home) maybe I just don't like big crowds... but going to see 100m finals would be a dream. 

That's a fair point. I think it's something I would love to do once or twice, but after that, I'll sit on the couch for 16 straight days and watch all the events, so I don't miss anything.

On 5/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, bmo said:

Does anyone here plan on attending the LA 2028 games?

It's a long ways off, but I'd love to be there.  I've only been to 1 other Olympics (Salt Lake 2002) and that was to work, so it would be nice to be there strictly as a spectator.

Any guesses as to how much tickets will be? Also, any ideas on lodging? I think an Air BNB would be the best option, either near the Long Beach venues or near the shooting/equestrian venues.