website statistics

LA 2028 discussion thread

Rossolympia

Just now, bmo said:

Does anyone here plan on attending the LA 2028 games?

Ideally, I’d like to work them if I’m in the LA Metro Area. I made it to the last round of interviews for an internship position, but I wasn’t choosen.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ideally, I’d like to work them if I’m in the LA Metro Area. I made it to the last round of interviews for an internship position, but I wasn’t choosen.

Sorry to hear that. What kind of internship position was it for?

Just now, bmo said:

Sorry to hear that. What kind of internship position was it for?

It was a comms position.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

It was a comms position.

Gotcha. I'm sure there will be other positions as 2028 gets closer. I was actually scrolling through their careers page on the LA28 website the other day. My dream scenario would be to cover to cover LA28 for a news outlet. I am pursuing a Journalism degree right now. If I can't cover it, I would ideally be there as a fan. 

25 minutes ago, bmo said:

Gotcha. I'm sure there will be other positions as 2028 gets closer. I was actually scrolling through their careers page on the LA28 website the other day. My dream scenario would be to cover to cover LA28 for a news outlet. I am pursuing a Journalism degree right now. If I can't cover it, I would ideally be there as a fan. 

I’m happy working either side of the communications industry. I think I prefer journalism a little more to marketing/PR, but my field of study (and soon to be degree) is in public relations. 

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m happy working either side of the communications industry. I think I prefer journalism a little more to marketing/PR, but my field of study (and soon to be degree) is in public relations. 

I've never really looked into the marketing/PR side of the industry. I think marketing would be really interesting, especially after the poor marketing that FIFA displayed last night for the 2026 World Cup logo. 

9 hours ago, bmo said:

Wow we are similar. I am pursuing a degree in Mass Communications (Journalism focus) starting in the fall and would absolutely love working at LA28.

I am more interested in the broadcasting side but also do work with newspaper (online and print) reporting.