website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

3 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Probably you are right. 

we here in Europe didn’t care about some other NOCs competing in some previous Olympics despite those countries starting unnecessary wars somewhere far away from us

we are not without blame ofc

The most obvious case was the 1976 Olympic boycott by African countries due to New Zealand breaking the anti-apartheid ban. And truly nobody gives a damn about that - or talks about all those rugby tours during the South African apartheid regime. I assume there were some cricket tours as well but I don't that much about the sport. It's an old story of another double standards yet because it affects Africa then nobody really cares anymore. These days a lot of ethic Africans even compete for more wealthy nations so it's all been swept under the carpet anyway. A dust in the history wind...

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

why many people in this forum became more sensitive about emotions , it's just emotions guys no big deal take it easy :d

Because we have a war going on at our backyard and it is a new thing for us, we didn’t get used to that yet.

2 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Because we have a war going on at our backyard and it is a new thing for us, we didn’t get used to that yet.

neither i , the last war Egypt took part in was back in 1973 and i wasn't born yet , i didn't make laugh of any thing related to war , it's just a comment of u mentioning the probability of Russia vs Ukraine matches in Combat sport and i guess some people may see it funny as well 

29 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Probably you are right. 

we here in Europe didn’t care about some other NOCs competing in some previous Olympics despite those countries starting unnecessary wars somewhere far away from us

we are not without blame ofc

That might be true to some degree.. but the difference to all wars somewhere in the world in recent history is that one land is stealing territory from another here.

I repeat myself 1000 times here but…

for me Olympics is 2.5 weeks off-work every two years

vacations, relaxing times

and i just wonder will i ever be able to watch the games calmly, without alerts on my phone scaring me all the time, like it was because of RUS back in 2008, 2014 and 2022…

just 2.5 weeks of easy living… i know i am asking for too much here

Edited by rafalgorka