website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

Lol so what changed in a year? The war is still the same. So much hipocrisy. And I'm against the ban (or any ban of athletes due to a political decision of their governments), but if the majority of the world supports it, make it a clear blanket ban and keep it till the end.

8 minutes ago, NMQ said:

Lol so what changed in a year? The war is still the same. So much hipocrisy. And I'm against the ban (or any ban of athletes due to a political decision of their governments), but if the majority of the world supports it, make it a clear blanket ban and keep it till the end.

that's the thing, the majority of the world doesn't support it. (blaming and condemning Russia for the unnecessary war is another thing)

I’m just surprised no one has asked the IOC, “what does Russia offer the Olympic Movement?”

They’ve broken the Olympic Truce, engaged in state-sponsored doping, and drove up an insane bill that has been citied by some as a reason for less bidders all within the last decade or two. Why fight so hard to bring them back in to the fold at every turn? 

I understand it’s a complex issue, and I do get some of the arguments made against unilaterally banning athletes from a particular country, but it’s not like the invasion is Russia’s only offense against Olympic values (as other users have pointed out.)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Olympian1010 Why fight so hard to bring them back in to the fold at every turn? 

Maybe i am wrong, but i think French may be afraid that Russians will spoil the party somehow, if they are not invited to it.

maybe this is why they don’t say loudly NO to this Asian quali idea

i can’t think of any other reason 

Edited by rafalgorka

9 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

How do you know that?

Did you count it? This majority???

well , I guess Africans , Asians , South Americans , Mexico , Central America and Caribbean Nations don't have any problem with competing with Russia in international events and i guess they are more than half of IOC Nations , also France that will host OG seem that they don't have much problems with that so , i don't really see majority of world want to exclude Russian athletes from Olympic movement 

Edited by thepharoah

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

well , I guess Africans , Asians , South Americans , Mexico , Central America and Caribbean Nations don't have any problem with competing with Russia in international events and i guess they are more than half of IOC Nations , also France that will host OG seem that they don't have much problems with that so , i don't really majority of world want to exclude Russian athletes from Olympic movement 

Probably you are right. 

we here in Europe didn’t care about some other NOCs competing in some previous Olympics despite those countries starting unnecessary wars somewhere far away from us

we are not without blame ofc