website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

17 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

This is absolutely the right path to ruin and spoil the Paris Olympics in advance. The Games will be overshadowed by discussions over Russia because there is definitely a probability that Ukraine will boycott the Games. And if they do, there will be definitely pro/con-discussions about further boycotts. I am desperately destroyed over how IOC and some NOCs can be so stupid to take this risk. Actually, the French Govt. should be interested in clarifying this issue as soon as possible, i.e. before world's mass media start to notice this.

just listen to Paris Mayor's words from earlier this morning...:pope::facepalm::hairpull:

7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

i don't know if it's the right thread or not , but Olympic council of Asia has given permission to Athletes from Russia and Belarus to compete in all Asian Competions and Asian Games  

This will be great for Asian sports in general if they stay in Asia (which I highly doubt) because that will help lots of sports in the continent to develop, same as Australia joining Asia in some other sports and with Russia we (in west Asia) don't have to travel half the world (which is the main problem with Australia)

BUT this is most probably a temporary thing that's why I do not really like the idea. and if they participate at the Asian Games in full force they (alongside BLR) will steal lots of our medals :d they are very strong exactly in our strong sports.

but I can't understand how this is supposed to work, they can't participate in World-wide Olympic qualifiers but can only participate in Asian qualifiers ? how the hell that's even possible?! :wacko:

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

This will be great for Asian sports in general if they stay in Asia (which I highly doubt) because that will help lots of sports in the continent to develop, same as Australia joining Asia in some other sports and with Russia we (in west Asia) don't have to travel half the world (which is the main problem with Australia)

BUT this is most probably a temporary thing that's why I do not really like the idea. and if they participate at the Asian Games in full force they (alongside BLR) will steal lots of our medals :d they are very strong exactly in our strong sports.

but I can't understand how this is supposed to work, they can't participate in World-wide Olympic qualifiers but can only participate in Asian qualifiers ? how the hell that's even possible?! :wacko:

It's quite interesting actually to see Russia in a new continent :d

I wonder if the poor innocent athletes of South Africa had such crusaders working for them during all those decades of a blanket ban?

Of course they didn't.

But no news here. It's no secret that the IOC (and Thomas Bach in particular) are simply incapable of imposing a proper punishment to Russia.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Aren't Russia banned anyway in most sports cuz of doping? 

no, unfortunately they never paid any prize for their State sponsored doping cheating since 2008 (proven until 2014, not yet investigated after that year).

they are banned (and not at 100%) for that only in Athletics.

but in all the other sports they have always been there to steal undeserved medals (and actually, in Tokyo they won the most medals ever since the USSR was dismantled).

and that's why I'm against their participation in any sports activity...not because of politics (keep politics far away from sport), but because they somehow have to pay the prize for their cheating (and it must be a very high prize, at least 2 year ban for every year of State sponsored cheating).

39 minutes ago, dcro said:

I wonder if the poor innocent athletes of South Africa had such crusaders working for them during all those decades of a blanket ban?

Of course they didn't.

But no news here. It's no secret that the IOC (and Thomas Bach in particular) are simply incapable of imposing a proper punishment to Russia.

It's embarrassing to  remember now but there were some very strong supporters of South Africa  even when there were banned.

Particularly when the USA and the UK had right wing governments.