website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

I would be interested in literally anybody else hosting.

Qatar really doesn't have a great record when it comes to major events.

At this rate we will likely get a Doha 2032 games. No one else will want to bid due to the economic fallout of covid.

25 minutes ago, intoronto said:

At this rate we will likely get a Doha 2032 games. No one else will want to bid due to the economic fallout of covid.

Qatar’s economy has slowed a little as of late as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, EupenM said:

Not trying to be selfish or anything like that but when it’s come to countries like Qatar it’s super difficult to impossible to go and see the games let alone to feel safe at the games , even though it’s about letting Politics out, its still something to consider 

13 hours ago, NearPup said:

Both the Queensland and the Rhine-Ruhr bids are looking really promising.

tbh, I don't like the Rhine-Ruhr bid at all, even if it's still a billion times better than Qatar...

14 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Those plans have been put on hold right now, until the Australian government can see what the aftermath of this pandemic looks like.

from now to 2025 (when they should vote for the 2032 Games) covid-19 will be only a bad memory, I hope...:fingers:

The 75th anniversaries of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima would have taken place on August 6 and 9, the final day of the 2020 Olympics, if it had taken place this year. Here is a story I wrote about an American Olympian who has an extraordinary connection to Japan, whose grandparents survived the Hiroshima bombings, and whose father rescued them and brought them all to America. 
https://theolympians.co/2020/08/05/the-palchikoffs-how-the-grandparents-of-an-american-olympian-survived-the-russian-revolution-and-the-atomic-bombing-of-hiroshima/

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn’t be surprised to see LA2028 reveal their logo(s) soon be the way. They have removed all the bid logos from their social media pages, and have posted a weird promotional video seeming to hint at a announcement coming sometime soon. Plus, their presentation the IOC at the General Session (which I read last week), talked about some branding milestones coming up too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela