website statistics

Russian Athletes and Teams pathway to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

No concrete decision made today. Some more guidelines for participation in IF events, but those remain largely the same or expanded slightly.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Interesting as well…Bach says IOC will not be bound by “previous qualifications,” when deciding on possible participation of athletes from Russia and Belarus.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Seems like this will be a bit like Rio 2016 and the doping scandal response, each IF will be responsible for deciding on participation in their sport. At least, that’s what I deduce from all of this…

The message I'm getting is  that the decision on team sports also applies to team events in individual sport.

Which means no gymnastics teams (although that was virtually certain anyway), no teams in fencing or archery, no artistic swimmers, no Medvedev and Rublev teaming up in men's doubles tennis.

31 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Seems like this will be a bit like Rio 2016 and the doping scandal response, each IF will be responsible for deciding on participation in their sport. At least, that’s what I deduce from all of this…

Ok,cool

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Also, in other news…

I can't keep up with these name changes. I swear one day I will wake up and see that we want to be called "Magyarland" or something instead of "Hungary" and the entire world will be very confused. :lol:

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

I can't keep up with these name changes. I swear one day I will wake up and see that we want to be called "Magyarland" or something instead of "Hungary" and the entire world will be very confused. :lol:

at least no one would make the ''hungry'' jokes anymore,lol.agreed tough i didn't get the point of the georgia name change.