website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I of course was over-the-moon when LA was confirmed as host for 2028. LA games are famous for being sustainable, so 2028 should be great 

I just hope as opposed to 1996 the locals will be instructed this time that Georgian athletes were not a specially added team composed from athletes around Atlanta, but it's a separate country outside the US. :p

32 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I just hope as opposed to 1996 the locals will be instructed this time that Georgian athletes were not a specially added team composed from athletes around Atlanta, but it's a separate country outside the US. :p

LA is quite a bit more educated than Georgia :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Just write a bullshit guarantee that you will assure the entry and the safety of Israelis for the Olympics only. 

But actually by regulations, Israelis can enter Indonesia as long as they have completed the paperworks (unlike Malaysia for example, which is 100% impossible). And for athletes they are not allowed to have the flag or the word "Israel" at their uniforms. In the reality however, it's not that easy.

If you know the Misha Zilberman case when he participated in 2015 BWF World Championships in Jakarta. Even though he had done all the needed stuff, he is still rejected. Fortunately the organizers and BWF quickly responded, get his visa issued, and pick him up from Singapore. The islamic radicals already threaten the disrupt the event, sending death threats to the head of the organizer. Organizer also switched his court and delay his schedule a bit so by the time someone check the venue, Misha is already done and safe in the hotel.

Weeks before Asian Games I meet the former Sports Minister, and I asked him "What are you going to do with Israeli flags at the venue?". He replied, "We'll ask IOC to give us dispensation since it is our stance." (lol wtf). I already got stared by others by asking that. Our government keep campaigning for 2032 but they keep silent about how they will deal with Israel....

Lol well it’s seems that it’s not going to be easy to host the Olympics “on paper” it’s easy but Israel and The lgbtq are also a part and so for my own agendas I hope it will fall down eventually, though to be honest I would love to go to Indonesia especially Bali in Hebrew you can say I want(ba li) Bali...:p 

hace 15 horas, Olympian1010 dijo:

Yeah my godparents went on a trip to Spain 2/3 years ago. They weren’t impressed by much of country outside of Catalonia. They got the impression that Spain was quite poor.

Catalonia (and some of the mediterranean) is interesting, the north is pretty and green, and the south is very culturaly rich and has amazing arab influence; but everything inbetween (including Madrid) is bland and boring.

That's why I think Summer Olympics are a big reach. Madrid has no iconic monument, interesting landscape or special athmosphere, so it would look very random and with no personality.

Other citys like Valencia, Seville, Zaragoza and Bilbao are more beautiful and interesting and they could hold smaller events like European Games and do an amazing job... Or even Madrid. But just not the Olympics.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

In the new capital site plan, there is only a plot of land for one stadium and two indoor arenas :coffee:

Let them be with their bullshittery

23 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

In the new capital site plan, there is only a plot of land for one stadium and two indoor arenas :coffee:

Let them be with their bullshittery

Not that I’m in favor of an Indonesian bid, but Palembang could host some stuff right?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not that I’m in favor of an Indonesian bid, but Palembang could host some stuff right?

The outdoor venues (rowing, skateboard, climbing walls) maybe yes... But I believe there is no indoor arenas which is up to Olympic standard.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...