website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

1 minute ago, Cobi said:

Yes. Skeleton, bobsleigh and luge would be held in Sarajevo. Ski jumping in Switzerland, Austria or France.

Apparently they contacted with Bosnia because Barcelona and Sarajevo are twin towns.

well.. then sorry but I hope Sapporo will win it, because this is one really bad idea

Justo ahora, hckosice dijo:

well.. then sorry but I hope Sapporo will win it, because this is one really bad idea

I hope so too. I would prefer hosting the Summer Olympics in 2036 or 2040, as we have the venues already built and we would not need to spend such huge amount of money nor ask other coutries to host events. I don't care if the host city is Madrid or Barcelona.

So what kind of Olympics are those if each sport is in one diferent country?

Spain should stop all those Olympic ambitions and settle for something smaller and more realistic, like European Games or Youth Olympics.

1 minute ago, Jur said:

Spain should stop all those Olympic ambitions and settle for something smaller and more realistic, like European Games or Youth Olympics.

or the Summer Olympics. Spain has the potential for it and is already pretty well a powerhouse in many summer sports. Actually I would really love to see Summer Olympics in Spain, but winter games like they are in this plan definitely not. I mean, do not get me wrong I have absolutely nothing against Sarajevo and SUI but this would be just sad.

Justo ahora, hckosice dijo:

or the Summer Olympics. Spain has the potential for it and is already pretty well a powerhouse in many summer sports. Actually I would really love to see Summer Olympics in Spain, but winter games like they are in this plan definitely not. I mean, do not get me wrong I have absolutely nothing against Sarajevo and SUI but this would be just sad.

I just think Madrid is ugly and a non-interesting city to host the Summer Olympics.

hace 7 minutos, Jur dijo:

I just think Madrid is ugly and a non-interesting city to host the Summer Olympics.

I think Madrid is ugly too, at least compared with the rest of Spain, but it would be a good city to host the Olympics as it would be possible to have all the venues in a relatively small space. Furthermore, it has a lot of hotel rooms for tourists and the weather is not usually very extreme (with exceptions).

Edited by Cobi

@Griff88 I do hope Indonesia is really prepared to host the games should they somehow win this bid. Western media will rip your poor country apart, especially once more people find out about places like Aceh. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

It would be nice to so the Sarajevo track up and running again though. The Bosnian government as wanted to rebuild it for ages, but they just don’t have the funds.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Jur said:

I’d love a Euro Games in Barcelona:wub:

1 hour ago, Jur said:

Yeah my godparents went on a trip to Spain 2/3 years ago. They weren’t impressed by much of country outside of Catalonia. They got the impression that Spain was quite poor.