website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

23 minutes ago, Cobi said:

It is not official yet, but it seems that Madrid will NOT bid for the 2032 Olympics, as many politicians and the Spanish NOC president think that it isn't the right moment due to the existence of very strong competition. However, Madrid's major said today that he is not giving up, but the citizens do not want to lose again, so probably the candidature will be postponed.

Right now Spain is studying now bidding for the 2030 Winter Olympics in Barcelona. The Spanish government has made an offer to the Catalan government to work together on the project.

There are, in fact, actively entered into the bidding process for 2030 according to the IOC.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 01/09/2018 at 13:29, Dragon said:

From the IOC's Director of Communications. Looks like a serious bid

Not to be the buzz killer or self centered but how will it work if Indonesia has no relationship with Israel and is not allowing Israeli citizens in its borders?

hace 38 minutos, Vojthas dijo:

That sounds either like a joke or a shining example for Olympic Truce. Hoping for the second one.

That's the story they want "to sell" to the IOC: the Olympics as a way of improving the comunication between the central and the regional government. For that reason, they will include venues both in Catalonia and Aragon (probably Jaca, host city of a Winter Universiade a long time ago).

hace 44 minutos, Olympian1010 dijo:

There are, in fact, actively entered into the bidding process for 2030 according to the IOC.

Yes, but until now the project has been directed by Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya (in Spain, each region has his own institution to organize the sport within the region. They perform a similar work to NOCs but at a lower level), without the support of the Spanish government (they didn't ask for it). According to IOC, without Spanish government support, it is impossible that they give us the Olympics against Sapporo, so COE (Spanish NOC) has been trying to negotiate with both parts so they can finally reach an agreement to cooperate. Finally, this week both presidents had a meeting and one of the proposals of the Spanish president to improve the relationship between both parts is to bid for the Olympics and work together as they already did for Barcelona 1992, where all the institutions coordinated very well. However, in order to increase the chances of victory, COE has to direct the project instead of Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya, which would still cooperate on the organization but not leading the bidding.

1 hour ago, Cobi said:

Right now Spain is studying now bidding for the 2030 Winter Olympics in Barcelona. The Spanish government has made an offer to the Catalan government to work together on the projec

well, that´s pretty ambitious plan, :ESP will have to build almost all venues, and I mean all, from ski jumping to a bobsleigh sliding center :mumble: Obviously the indoor sports can be held in already existing big arenas in Barcelona or even somewhere else, but it looks to me like too much cost to pass

hace 15 minutos, hckosice dijo:

well, that´s pretty ambitious plan, :ESP will have to build almost all venues, and I mean all, from ski jumping to a bobsleigh sliding center :mumble: Obviously the indoor sports can be held in already existing big arenas in Barcelona or even somewhere else, but it looks to me like too much cost to pass

The idea is having those sports outside the country. The main option right now is Bosnia and the second Switzerland. I do not like the candidature of Barcelona to be honest, as I think we are not as good prepared as other cities like Sapporo.

Edited by Cobi

1 minute ago, Cobi said:

The idea is having those sports outside the country. The main option right now option is Bosnia and the second Switzerland. I do not like the candidature of Barcelona to be honest, as I think we are not as good prepared as other cities like Sapporo.

Bosnia ??? :yikes:

hace 1 minuto, hckosice dijo:

Bosnia ??? :yikes:

Yes. Skeleton, bobsleigh and luge would be held in Sarajevo. Ski jumping in Switzerland, Austria or France.

Apparently they contacted with Bosnia because Barcelona and Sarajevo are twin towns.