website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

2 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

https://www.trouw.nl/sport/den-haag-is-voorzichtig-positief-over-plan-om-spelen-naar-nederland-te-halen~b38747d9/?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

There was some national media attention for a potential Dutch 2032 bid last weekend. Two ex-athletes (former Olympic field hockey player and rower) are leading a coalition of athletes, business and other influentials to formulate the bid. Who exactly is involved remained anonymous.

The title of this article is "The Hague  is carefully positive about plan to bring the Games to the Netherlands". The Hague is the home of our national government. So far I don't see enough political support for this initiative, but at least 'carefully positive' is something!

The financial side has gone completely unmentioned in the articles I saw so far.

I’d guess Rotterdam since they showed interest in the European Games a while back.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 18/01/2020 at 05:57, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Yep, that's her.

She also got funding by the NRA and wanted to weaken Australia's gun laws.

And just like le Pen she speaks what many people think but are reluctant to say too loudly

Not the people here of course who all seem to be of the globalist left 

29 minutes ago, rajiv said:

And just like le Pen she speaks what many people think but are reluctant to say too loudly

Not the people here of course who all seem to be of the globalist left 

Did I hear someone mention me?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Griff88 said:

They are still interested, at least that's what the Indian Olympic Association president said that 3 days ago.

Who do you want to trust, an Australian or an Indian?

My reading: IOA is interested in hosting Olympics but they are not getting any political backing for the same from the government. 

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

My reading: IOA is interested in hosting Olympics but they are not getting any political backing for the same from the government. 

I personally agree with the govt...... They should build the distributed sports infrastructure..... Spend money on khelo india and khelo university games...also increase the number of grassroot scholarships.. When they have 20 medal range they should bid.... But may take another 10-12 years..... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

It is not official yet, but it seems that Madrid will NOT bid for the 2032 Olympics, as many politicians and the Spanish NOC president think that it isn't the right moment due to the existence of very strong competition. However, Madrid's major said today that he is not giving up, but the citizens do not want to lose again, so probably the candidature will be postponed.

Right now Spain is studying now bidding for the 2030 Winter Olympics in Barcelona. The Spanish government has made an offer to the Catalan government to work together on the project.