website statistics

Women's Boxing IBA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

Yes for India  grabbed two  chances to win a world championship gold ....

Nitu is a 2 times youth world champion so her gold was to some extent expected  , and Saweety now has a gold to go with her silver and bronze   .....   

Other than Mary Kom who won golds with metronomic regularity we have rarely won gold so it was a real boost for Indian boxing 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, phelps said:

I don't think so, she wouldn't have been allowed to fight even in the earlier rounds for that reason.

more likely, it's because she got injured (concussion, a cut in a dangerous position, an exposed wound or something like that) in her semifinal match.

No it is because of that , she said in a live early this morning that she didn't choose her body or her look and she suffered in her childhood from people bullying her for her look , the Algerian Olympic Committe said that they will solve her problem medically as she's Algeria's biggest hope in Paris 2024 

Edited by thepharoah

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

No it is because of that , she said in a live early this morning that she didn't choose her body or her look and she suffered in her childhood from people bullying her for her look , the Algerian Olympic Committe said that they will solve her problem medically as she's Algeria's biggest hope in Paris 2024 

That is a real pity she is one of my fav boxers with such a distinctive style

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

OK...

was she born as a female or not? :mumble:

because if she was born as a true male (or has DSD), I don't see how they can fix that "problem"...

and if in timed sports like athletics and swimming it's just about the fairness of the game, here it's also and above all about the other girls' safety.

how can you allow a biologically speaking man to fight against girls?

it's crazy, irresponsible. :hairpull:

tbh, it's just another reason to throw IBA out of every recognized institution, as if there weren't enough.

frankly, if I were a girl who had to fight against the Algerian, I'd immediately sue IBA (and all of their members of the technical, medical and ethic commission, personally) in any trial court around the world.

1 minute ago, phelps said:

OK...

was she born as a female or not? :mumble:

because if she was born as a true male (or has DSD), I don't see how they can fix that "problem"...

and if in timed sports like athletics and swimming it's just about the fairness of the game, here it's also and above all about the other girls' safety.

how can you allow a biologically speaking man to fight against girls?

it's crazy, irresponsible. :hairpull:

tbh, it's just another reason to throw IBA out of every recognized institution, as if there weren't enough.

frankly, if I were a girl who had to fight against the Algerian, I'd immediately sue IBA (and all of their members of the technical, medical and ethic commission, personally) in any trial court around the world.

She said that she was born female and it was only conspiracy by 2 countries that she didn't name to prevent her from playing , let's wait and see 

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

She said that she was born female and it was only conspiracy by 2 countries that she didn't name to prevent her from playing , let's wait and see 

"she said" I fear it's not enough...

surely, that's not a conspiracy...if even IBA stopped her (late, too late), it means that there's a lot more behind her case.

we'll see, but I guess we won't hear of her for quite a long while...

https://www.iba.sport/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/IBA-WCH-INDIA-2023-SESSION-MATCHLIST.pdf

Imane Khelef from Algeria officially replaced in the final by the Thai Boxer she defeated in Semis , which ofc means that she's disqualified from the whole tournament and won't receive any medal , not sure if the Boxer from Uzbekistan she defeated in quarters will also receive the bronze medal 

Final results from the championship.   

For India this is huge result

in the last 20 odd years that I have following India's performance in world championships .... This is the first time we have won a major world championship in an Olympic sport so definately a big big day for India   

🎉🎉🎉🎉💥💥🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India* 4 0 0 4
2 23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China 3 1 3 7
3 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 1 1 1 3
4 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 1 1 0 2
5 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil 1 0 1 2
23px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png Morocco 1 0 1 2
7 23px-Flag_of_Chinese_Taipei_for_Olympic_ Chinese Taipei 1 0 0 1
8 23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg.png Kazakhstan 0 2 4 6
9 23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png Colombia 0 2 2 4
10 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 0 2 1 3
11 23px-Flag_of_Mongolia.svg.png Mongolia 0 1 1 2
23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png Thailand 0 1 1 2
13 23px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png Vietnam 0 1 0 1
14 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 0 0 3 3
15 23px-Flag_of_Azerbaijan.svg.png Azerbaijan 0 0 1 1
23px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png Belarus 0 0 1 1
23px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png Bulgaria 0 0 1 1
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Japan 0 0 1 1
23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png South Korea 0 0 1 1
23px-Flag_of_Uzbekistan.svg.png Uzbekistan 0 0 1 1
Totals (20 entries) 12 12 24 48