website statistics

Women's Boxing IBA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

Any explanations for the weird (to say th last) RSC that occurred today in favour of 🇨🇴 Bravo vs an Italian boxer? I happened to watch it on YT during my coffee break and I was just as puzzled as evryone else. Also, any reactions in the media etc?

2 minutes ago, yellowviper2001 said:

Any explanations for the weird (to say th last) RSC that occurred today in favour of 🇨🇴 Bravo vs an Italian boxer? I happened to watch it on YT during my coffee break and I was just as puzzled as evryone else. Also, any reactions in the media etc?

the only website covering this farce here in Italy is screaming left and right...

it's the first time they do it, despite it's not certainly the first time Italian boxers are robbed big time by AIBA/IBA/IOC (they didn't protest this loud even after Cammarelle's gold medal match in London 2012).

I saw something like that only once before today...the infamous German ref against the Iranian boxer in London 2012 (one of the most corrupted tournaments ever).

the only explaination of course is corruption (and personal resentment by that Danish ref vs the Italian team/Nation/people).

there's no other way to see what happened earlier.

Just found out :SVK participating (well, participated) in this. All 3 lost their opener match, they would have done better to boycott it. In that case it would be at least some dignity, now it is just embarassing debacles :p

Edited by hckošice

The finalists for the world championships are from the following countries 

CHN -4 

IND - 4 

COL -2

RUS -2 

ITA - 2 

AUS -2 

KAZ -2 

ALG -1 

BRA -1

VIE -1 

MGL -1 

MOR -1 

TAI -1 

For India it is a very rare chance to top a world championship of an OLY sport ... . 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

4 hours ago, thepharoah said:

IBA has banned Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif from playing the final match due to Medical reasons per Algerian federation , I guess it's something related to Testosterone hormones 

I don't think so, she wouldn't have been allowed to fight even in the earlier rounds for that reason.

more likely, it's because she got injured (concussion, a cut in a dangerous position, an exposed wound or something like that) in her semifinal match.