website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I'm torned. On one hand, this is the only opportunity to qualify and we couldn't have gotten a better draw. Having Argentina, Canada and Holland as the direct opposition is as good as it gets.

But on the other hand we are having a shit season, after a shit season, after a shit season. Just can't get optimistic about this. People here still think we are having a better team, then the 3 above and should be beating China, Mexico and Belgium in our sleep like before. It would be much more frustrating to not qualify from this group, then expectingly losing to Brazil, Italy, USA..

3 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Group A - Brazil and Italy, Iran

Thanks for taking Iran serious but nah :d we could have a realistic chance in two other groups, specially Group C but no way in this group. and actually I'm not worried about Brazil and Italy. we play good against them here and there and it's OK to lose to these teams.

I'm more worried about losing to other 4 teams which will be costly in the ranking. I don't even think about direct qualification here, I just think about damage control and not losing too much points.

23 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Thanks for taking Iran serious but nah :d we could have a realistic chance in two other groups, specially Group C but no way in this group. and actually I'm not worried about Brazil and Italy. we play good against them here and there and it's OK to lose to these teams.

I'm more worried about losing to other 4 teams which will be costly in the ranking. I don't even think about direct qualification here, I just think about damage control and not losing too much points.

Maybe i overestimate Iran but i still think that Iran could be dark horse. :)

Those 3 european teams are more than beatable. Qatar and Cuba too. Golden days of Iranian vb are probably behind us but last matches i saw were rather solid. 

48 minutes ago, Noorderling29 said:

Same here, unlikely that any of the Dutch team qualify, but not beyond the realm of imagination

Indeed, such a group sounds nice, but the Dutch men's team is not that much, especially if Nimir has a less good day. At last year's World Champs they impressed against Argentina and Iran, before losing in the first knock out round to Ukrain without a chance.

On 3/17/2023 at 11:04 PM, Vic Liu said:

China likes to host Volleyball event in Beilun 北仑 in Zhejiang.

Thanks Vic. Has it been confirmed yet? I hope I will be free from work to go there during the National holidays in October 😁😁

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2023 at 8:50 AM, Jan Linha said:

Thanks Vic. Has it been confirmed yet? I hope I will be free from work to go there during the National holidays in October 😁😁

It’s almost confirmed now that it will be held in Beilun, Ningbo, Zhejiang where is the traditional volleyball training base for Chinese NT. The news is released by Ningbo local government. @Jan Linha

21 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

It’s almost confirmed now that it will be held in Beilun, Ningbo, Zhejiang where is the traditional volleyball training base for Chinese NT. The news is released by Ningbo local government. @Jan Linha

Cool, thank you. I think I would come one weekend to watch the matches, maybe extend couple more days, hopefully my employer lets me 😃😃. Are you coming to watch the tournament??