website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2023

Totallympics

Lovely drive by Perez, took his chance at the restart brilliantly :d 

Too bad Aston Martin fucked up Alonso's podium by having a piece of equipment touch the car during the 5-second penalty, but also rather bad of race control/the stewards to wait until after the race to give Alonso the 10-second penalty, which they could very easily have given right after the safety car. Something NASCAR does way better than F1, pit stop infringements and such usually result in a penalty within a minute or two.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Who here been to an F1 race? i'm thinking about going to the one in canada, the prices in america are outrageous, even though vegas is very close to me. But how fun is it? is it worth the extreme admission price? it seems like it would be fun but at the same time i would see only one part of the track. Anyone have any experience with that?

9 minutes ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

Feels like another pretty boring season, where Red Bull is way too dominant for comfort and Perez should not be able to challenge Verstappen. Here to hope Alonso can snatch a race once more. It has been ages.

From what i read, people think that RB's lack of tunnel time will come back to hurt them later in the season, so if Aston Martin (and Ferrari/Merc? ) can keep it somewhat close maybe it can get closer in the second half of the season

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Who here been to an F1 race? i'm thinking about going to the one in canada, the prices in america are outrageous, even though vegas is very close to me. But how fun is it? is it worth the extreme admission price? it seems like it would be fun but at the same time i would see only one part of the track. Anyone have any experience with that?

I've been to Spa twice, which was kind of fun, but it was hellishly warm and Spa is notoriously awful in terms of infrastructure around the track, especially at the height of the Verstappen-hype it was just....too much. Tens of thousands of people and basically one little road towards the one highway.

I'm not sure about the support program in the North American races. If it's F1 only, I wouldn't go, personally I'd be more happy to see F2 and F3 as well since they usually have a bit more action.

In terms of visibility: there should be big screens on several places to follow the race, but once pitstops have started, it might be a bit hard to really keep track of how things are going.

I know this all doesn't sound too positive :p But it is still a nice experience overall, especially Montreal does seem like a nice place to go to for a race.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...