website statistics

Nations that can win their first Olympic medal at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaguely recall this being brought up after Tokyo, but feel it needs to become relevant again with most qualification windows getting underway. I believe the following nations/teams have a decent shot at winning their first medal: 

:BIH (Men's Taekwondo)  :ALB (Women's 3000m Steeplechase) :DMA (Women's Long Jump) :LCA(Women's 100m) :BOL (Men's Singles Tennis) :LES(Men's and Women's Marathon) :LBR (Men's 100m) :GAM (Women's 100m + 200m) :IVB (Men's 400m Hurdles) Refugee Olympic Team (Women's Taekwondo).  

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Vaguely recall this being brought up after Tokyo, but feel it needs to become relevant again with most qualification windows getting underway. I believe the following nations/teams have a decent shot at winning their first medal: 

:BIH (Men's Taekwondo)  :ALB (Women's 3000m Steeplechase) :DMA (Women's Long Jump) :LCA(Women's 100m) :BOL (Men's Singles Tennis) :LES(Men's and Women's Marathon) :LBR (Men's 100m) :GAM (Women's 100m + 200m) :IVB (Men's 400m Hurdles) Refugee Olympic Team (Women's Taekwondo).  

Bolívia has 0% of chance in men's singles tennis.

Their best player never passed a grand slam second round.

Hugo Dellien is a challanger level player and will be 31 at the Olimpics

33 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Bolívia has 0% of chance in men's singles tennis.

Their best player never passed a grand slam second round.

Hugo Dellien is a challanger level player and will be 31 at the Olimpics

Yeah I've not seen much of him, it was very much a long shot. Similar would apply to Arevalo of :ESA, who is a far better doubles player than singles.    

9 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Bolivia, although highly unrealistic, would be cool, since one can pretty safely call them one of the worst performing countries in the world in the entire Olympic history (I'd say only Bangladesh is worse) :p 

Probably most of them won't win a medal, since none of the countries really have a favourite, but who knows, it'd always be good to see a new country with a medal :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Yeah I've not seen much of him, it was very much a long shot. Similar would apply to Arevalo of :ESA, who is a far better doubles player than singles.    

One of the well-known problems with doubles is that one needs a partner though, so that's a bit ot tough luck for Arevalo...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Bolivia, although highly unrealistic, would be cool, since one can pretty safely call them one of the worst performing countries in the world in the entire Olympic history (I'd say only Bangladesh is worse) :p 

Probably most of them won't win a medal, since none of the countries really have a favourite, but who knows, it'd always be good to see a new country with a medal :d 

Bosnia at least has multiple shots at a medal, probably.