website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

British Eurosport’s schedule for the pre-Games week is now in the EPG. They’re covering two of the football matches on each of the Wednesday & Thursday mornings, including the GBR v Chile Women’s match & the rowing heats overnight on Friday morning.

I think the rowing heats will be something I will either record or watch on the Player and catch up before the opening ceremony, 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

British Eurosport’s schedule for the pre-Games week is now in the EPG. They’re covering two of the football matches on each of the Wednesday & Thursday mornings, including the GBR v Chile Women’s match & the rowing heats overnight on Friday morning.

basically, it's the same in all Countries...

the difference starts on Saturday (in Italy, the 2 TV channels will show basically very few and often useless events because they want people to subscribe Discovery+ :facepalm: :wall:)...

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Harmonogram brytyjskiego Eurosportu na tydzień przed Igrzyskami znajduje się teraz w EPG. Relacjonują dwa mecze piłki nożnej w każdy środowy i czwartkowy poranek, w tym mecz kobiet GBR przeciwko Chile i nocne biegi wioślarskie w piątek rano.

Can you put link for this?

On 08/07/2021 at 20:46, FancyFenchel said:

Does anybody know if the on demand videos will be immediately available on Eurosport Player?

Usually it is, maybe sometimes with a short delay (half an hour or so, so they can upload the stuff). Usually you can always go straight to the beginning of a broadcast if you're joining later but while it's still live.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

O rany, teraz mogę pisać po polsku! :afro:

Obawiam się, że nie mogę opublikować linku, to tylko EPG na moim telewizorze.

Ok.In Polish Eurosport its same.Two matches live daily and later highlights from two different matches.

Nice to see all these former Polish athletes in "Eurosport Team" but it means that we will have a lot of useless talking in the studio instead of live broadcasting. Oh, I hate this. The same with Polish national tv TVP. And a lot of commercials all the time.

So Eurosport Player is my only hope. I hope it will work well. These two days of competition before the opening ceremony are important to check if everything works and try it all. 

Anyway, two weeks off-work already secured. Can't wait for the games to get started. 

FB_IMG_1625921198139.jpg

I'd have thought Eurosport would have been a bit more forthcoming about their plans, but instead we have nothing but oblique hints with less than two weeks to go.  Here's what ES France are planning to do.  

7 temporary channels

1 4k channel

Up to 57 streams.

I'd presume all the other major European countries where ES offers a distinct national identity will be working in the same way.

https://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/eurosport-to-launch-seven-new-channels-for-tokyo-olympics/

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I'd have thought Eurosport would have been a bit more forthcoming about their plans, but instead we have nothing but oblique hints with less than two weeks to go.  Here's what ES France are planning to do.  

7 temporary channels

1 4k channel

Up to 57 streams.

I'd presume all the other major European countries where ES offers a distinct national identity will be working in the same way.

https://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/eurosport-to-launch-seven-new-channels-for-tokyo-olympics/

tomorrow at noon there will be the official presentation of the Eurosport Italian offer...

however, I don't expect anything special...actually I don't think there will be any tv channel except for the regular E1 and E2 available...in particular, I don't expect any 4K coverage in Italy (Eurosport TV channels are part of the sky Italia basic package and it's unclear even if they will show any Olympic picture -in 2018 they didn't, as sky ITA didn't want to pay any extra amount of money for the Games)...

28 minutes ago, phelps said:

tomorrow at noon there will be the official presentation of the Eurosport Italian offer...

however, I don't expect anything special...actually I don't think there will be any tv channel except for the regular E1 and E2 available...in particular, I don't expect any 4K coverage in Italy (Eurosport TV channels are part of the sky Italia basic package and it's unclear even if they will show any Olympic picture -in 2018 they didn't, as sky ITA didn't want to pay any extra amount of money for the Games)...

Same in Britain. We got extra channels on cable TV, but Sky did not pay the extra, so did not get them.