website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2023

First of all big thank to @Cobi: a wonderful contest (plus very professional statistics), a perfect organization and interesting tips about Spain.

Thanks to all the partecipants: it's always a pleasure to have a chance to listen to your music.

Last but not least I want to show you the best song of our winner: I know that Ciao ciao is catchy but Amare that is from Sanremo 2021 is a more beautiful song showing all the talent of the singer.

Hope you enjoy it!

Let me know if you like it!

Hey hey! Top 5! Thanks to all that voted for :USA and congrats to :ITA, well deserved.

Here is a look at my Top 12 and reserves.

:MEX:SWE:MLT:ESP:ITA:BUL:GER:CHN:NZL:BRA:INA:GBR

Mexico was my favorite, of course. I thought Sweden and Malta were really nice songs. Spain and Italy had great entries and tied for fourth on my list (my decision to give Spain the 9 points resulted in the "Spain 12" meme). Then the English-language songs took over. Bulgaria was so different from the others I ended up liking it. New Zealandʻs entry was more my type of music. A mix of country and western with blues. The Indonesian yetis (??) got me and Great Britain sneaked in the top 12 over :ISR:FIN:IND:NED.

Stats wise, I only voted for 2 songs that made the Top 10, but voted for 5 that finished bottom 10:thumbup:.

Sad I missed all of the fun. @Cobi tremendous hosting and Iʻll see you in Italy!

1 hour ago, owenp_23 said:

Stats wise, I only voted for 2 songs that made the Top 10, but voted for 5 that finished bottom 10

You really are one of us! :p

:USA getting ready for the reign of the anti-committee

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I hope it's not too late for me to offer my congratulations to the winners :ITA @Henry_Leon, @Pablita, @SteveParker, but also to the other medalists :FIN @Finnator123 and :GER @catgamer

Thank you to those who voted for our song. Unforunately it wasn't a very strong showing from us, but even if we had chosen another song, I don't think we could have done better.

To our teammates in Murcia Flamingos, the result in the team event is definitely dissapointing, however it was a great experience being in the same team with all of you. 

Finally, a huge thank you to our host @Cobi for the excellent contest he presented.

Below, you can see my ballot.

1st   12 pts  :MLT Malta
 2nd   11 pts  :FRA France
 3rd   10 pts  :POR Portugal
 4th   9 pts  :DEN Denmark
 5th   8 pts  :IRL Ireland
 6th   7 pts  :GER Germany
 7th   6 pts  :IND India
 8th   5 pts  :POL Poland
 9th   4 pts  :SLO Slovenia
 10th   3 pts  :SWE Sweden
 11th   2 pts  :BRA Brazil
 12th   1 pts  :SVK Slovakia

Res1  :ITA Italy
 Res2  :HUN Hungary
 Res3  :CHN China

This is the fourth TISC I take part and it is the first time I don't give points to the winning song. As you can see, Italy was very close, but in the end it fell just outside the points.

@Makedonas was the only one in our jury who gave points to Italy, but they were not enough to make the combined list. Therefore, this is the second annual TISC in a row, that Greece doesn't give points to the winner.

On the other hand, for a second annual TISC in a row, we give 12 points to the song eventually finishing third. Last year it was Great Britain, this year it's Germany.  

Germany scored 22 points in total (7.33 points per jury member) and this was the only song that received points from all three members of the greek jury.  

Ireland and Israel were tied for 11th with 9 points (3 points per jury member).

I can't wait to meet you all again in France, next winter.

4 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

I liked so much this edition that I left to explore the home host country hehe

Kaixo from Euskadi! 

rsz_111c67ba-9264-4a28-8eca-db6526124033.jpg

Enjoy! Last time I checked the weather was going to be quite nice during the whole week.

On 3/20/2023 at 7:52 PM, Cobi said:

Enjoy! Last time I checked the weather was going to be quite nice during the whole week.

It is! Sunny and not too hot, quite nice weather.

I just arrived in Castilla y Leon today, I think this place was also part of the contest? Or just the ceremony maybe, not sure

rsz_1a5bfeaec-979f-4563-aecb-26c3408ad54e.jpg

4 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

It is! Sunny and not too hot, quite nice weather.

I just arrived in Castilla y Leon today, I think this place was also part of the contest? Or just the ceremony maybe, not sure

rsz_1a5bfeaec-979f-4563-aecb-26c3408ad54e.jpg

Yes, the walls of Ávila were featured in the draw.

I had so much work in past days to almost forgot on TAISC. To be honest, I barely wanted to look, because lately my songs always ended poorly, and after long time I sent song in our native language.

Now I am in deep shock, a very big thank you to all, who recognize good singing, despite sung in Slovenian, it was close to set a new PB (I believe Tina Maze still rocks with her 10th place over 100 points). Special thanks to @dcro to rewarding my choice with 12 points. Looks like we will see you also next time.

EDIT: Also not to forget, I believe this is very rare occasion (maybe second time), a song, which I dedicate it 12 points, actually won, how about that. :d

Edited by justony