website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2023

@Cobi if we’re doing the cards between rounds gimmick to spice things up, I think I would be fun to have a card where only the worst placed nation on each team counts for the scoring for that session (sort of a best loser scenario)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Cobi if we’re doing the cards between rounds gimmick to spice things up, I think I would be fun to have a card where only the worst placed nation on each team counts for the scoring for that session (sort of a best loser scenario)

I also like this one. Would you prefer having just 4 cards (1 per session) or more than 4 even if some of them are not picked?

1 minute ago, Cobi said:

I also like this one. Would you prefer having just 4 cards (1 per session) or more than 4 even if some of them are not picked?

I think it would be a fun twist either way.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Cobi We could do the team competition like we do the draw. The score will be determined by the ranking of a nations, but how that ranking is determined will be randomized at the start of each round (by draw), as will the bonus point function. Basically, we have two draws before each session: one for the ranking method, and one for the bonus point method. Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I will be traveling in the country tomorrow and sadly won't be able to post my votes. :( Let's hope for a tight battle and can't wait to catch up on how it goes down afterwards.

Remember :BUL, :MEX & :SLO (or was it :SVK ?) will be battling for the bottom.

Just kidding, let’s hope for a good result for everyone.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Cobi We could do the team competition like we do the draw. The score will be determined by the ranking of a nations, but how that ranking is determined will be randomized at the start of each round (by draw), as will the bonus point function. Basically, we have two draws before each session: one for the ranking method, and one for the bonus point method. Thoughts?

That seems funny and would help to make it more unpredictable . Do you have any ideas for ranking methods?

14 minutes ago, Cobi said:

That seems funny and would help to make it more unpredictable . Do you have any ideas for ranking methods?

Possible options for rankings: 1st highest team member only, 2nd highest team member only, 3rd highest team member only, 4th highest (last) team member only, top two team members combined, top three team members combined, highest and lowest team members combined, two lowest team members combined, whole team combined

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Possible options for rankings: 1st highest team member only, 2nd highest team member only, 3rd highest team member only, 4th highest (last) team member only, top two team members combined, top three team members combined, highest and lowest team members combined, two lowest team members combined, whole team combined

It would be something like this:

Ranking method (6 options):

• Top3 combined
  • Top4 combined
  • Highest and lowest
  • 2nd and 3rd highest
  • Last team member only
  • Highest team member only

Bonus points method (4 options):

• Most points scored from a single jury
  • Highest streak of juries giving at least 8 points to the team
  • Highest number of votes (it does not take into account if it is placed 1st or 12th)
  • Collusion (the nation that has given the most points to its teammates during the Session wins)

The points for each position would be as follows (adding the restrictions of the Ranking Method):  

Ranking Points
1 70
2 66
3 62
4 58
5 54
6 50
7 46
8 42
9 38
10 36
11 34
12 32
13 30
14 28
15 26
16 24
17 22
18 21
19 20
20 19
21 18
22 17
23 16
24 15
25 14
26 13
27 12
28 11
29 10
30 9
31 8
32 7
33 6
34 5
35 4
36 3
37 2
38 1

And the Bonus could give 30 points to the best team, 15 to the second and 5 to the third one for each session (having a different bonus every time).