website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2023

18 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

It’s even “worse”, it’s her two brothers AND her father :d

(Context: they’re singing “with” her because she died in an car accident some years ago and left this unfinished song/videoclip)

When i saw the clip i thinked: is this the poor girl of the car accident or another beatiful portuguese singer?, sadly it was the first option.

14 hours ago, Bohemia said:

I have no idea what you're talking about because I never watch the clips :lol: it distracts from the song in my opinion and I'm always doing something else while listening to the songs anyway

With that fun facts, what are you waiting for corroborate them? :p

5 hours ago, konig said:

When i saw the clip i thinked: is this the poor girl of the car accident or another beatiful portuguese singer?, sadly it was the first option.

Indeed.

The father is probably one of the most famous singers in the country, and he was with so much grief he just initially gave up on everything of life, but in the end got helped by the rest of the family and decided to join the song as well.

I do wonder, is this the first time someone that is not alive anymore takes part on the annual contest?

TISC2023.png 

GRANADA LYNXES

Granada is a city located in the southern region of Andalusia, Spain. The history of Granada dates back to the 8th century when it was founded by the Moors as a small fortress town. However, it was during the Nasrid dynasty (1238-1492) that the city experienced its greatest period of prosperity and growth. It was during this time that the Alhambra Palace, the city's most famous landmark, was constructed.

TISC2023.png

The Alhambra Palace is a magnificent example of Islamic architecture, and it is considered one of the greatest architectural treasures in Spain. It was built in the 14th century as a royal palace and fortress for the Nasrid kings. The palace complex includes beautiful gardens, courtyards, and fountains, as well as several ornate rooms and halls decorated with intricate stucco, tilework, and wood carvings.

In the 19th century, Granada experienced a revival thanks to the Romantic movement and the interest in Moorish art and culture. The city became a popular destination for artists, writers, and intellectuals, who were fascinated by its rich history and its architectural and artistic heritage.

Today, Granada is a vibrant and lively city, renowned for its cultural richness and its exceptional architecture. In addition to the Alhambra Palace, the city is home to many other historical and cultural landmarks, such as the Generalife gardens, the Cathedral of Granada, and the Albayzin neighborhood, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site.

TISC2023.png

The Iberian lynx is a wild cat species that is native to the Iberian Peninsula. It is one of the world's most endangered feline species, with an estimated population of only around 1300 individuals left in the wild.

The Iberian lynx is a medium-sized cat, weighing between 10 and 15 kilograms (22 to 33 pounds). It has distinctive tufted ears, short tails, and spotted fur that helps it blend in with its surroundings. The lynx is a solitary and territorial animal that prefers to hunt at night, feeding mainly on rabbits, but also on other small mammals, such as rodents and birds.

In recent years, conservation efforts have been made to protect and conserve the Iberian lynx population. As a result, the population has slowly increased, and the species has been downgraded from Critically Endangered to Endangered on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.

TISC2023.png

TYPICAL FOOD:

Granada, being located in the southern region of Andalusia, has a cuisine that is influenced by both Spanish and Moorish flavors and ingredients. Some typical dishes of Granada include:

• Tortilla del Sacromonte: A Spanish omelet made with eggs, potatoes, onions, and various meats, such as chorizo, blood sausage, and lamb brains.
  • Gazpacho Andaluz: A cold soup made with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, and bread, and flavored with garlic, vinegar, and olive oil.
  • Plato Alpujarreño: A hearty dish made with potatoes, peppers, sausage, and fried eggs, often served with bread.
  • Piononos: A sweet pastry filled with cream and sprinkled with cinnamon.
  • Salmorejo: A cold tomato soup similar to gazpacho, but with a thicker consistency and garnished with hard-boiled egg and ham.

In Granada it is a tradition that when ordering a drink (especially beer) in a bar, it is accompanied by a free tapa.

TISC2023.png

MEMBERS OF THE TEAM:

My second pick for the Festival of Music of this edition is

:COL COLOMBIA :COL

SHAKIRA || BZRP Music Sessions #53

This song was one of the most popular topics of convesation in Spain and Colombia for almost a week when it was released. It is about the break-up of Shakira and Piqué (former Barcelona and Spanish national football team player).

3 hours ago, Cobi said:

TYPICAL FOOD:

• Gazpacho Andaluz: A cold soup made with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, and bread, and flavored with garlic, vinegar, and olive oil.
  •  

”Gazpacho, Gazpacho, es un genio de gran valor.
Gazpacho, Gazpacho, de los Fruittis es el mejor.”

Do you know this? Or maybe I’m too old haha, I grew up with those cartoons (by that time I had family living in madrid and spent lots of time there) so everytime I see Gazpacho i think of this song! 

Edited by kungshamra71

10 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

”Gazpacho, Gazpacho, es un genio de gran valor.
Gazpacho, Gazpacho, de los Fruittis es el mejor.”

Do you know this? Or maybe I’m too old haha, I grew up with those cartoons (by that time I had family living in madrid and spent lots of time there) so everytime I see Gazpacho i think of this song! 

I didn't know this song or this show until your post but the lyrics is very funny. :roflmao:

6 minutes ago, Cobi said:

I didn't know this song or this show until your post but the lyrics is very funny. :roflmao:

I think this was a big hit at that time, but probably is something for kids who grew up in the 90s (in spain, no one knows about fruittis in Portugal haha)