website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2023

La manga is awesome, I have so many good memories from that place from when I was teenager!

also, fun fact, do you know we have our Tocino del cielo, called… Toucinho do céu? It has different versions but is traditional from most of regions of Portugal 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

La manga is awesome, I have so many good memories from that place from when I was teenager!

also, fun fact, do you know we have our Tocino del cielo, called… Toucinho do céu? It has different versions but is traditional from most of regions of Portugal 

image.jpeg

That seems very tasty. I really want to try it now, jaja.

In Spain is also common in various regions, not only Murcia, but I think it's always the same recipe and there are not regional variations like for other dishes.

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

also, fun fact, do you know we have our Tocino del cielo, called… Toucinho do céu? It has different versions but is traditional from most of regions of Portugal.

My vacation this year maybe will be in Portugal and I hope to enjoy as many desserts as possible. All of them look delicious :d

With a few days for the tournament, a few "fun facts" of the songs:

:ARG: What the hell is that "star face" of the 1:23 minutes?

:CRO: What a bad paint quality has that guy, luky for him, her girlfriend is a magician!

:FRA: Its probably has the "fakest" tear of all times.

:IND: an indian singer, singing in english in Paris.........thats a big mess than the song of :CZE

:INA indonesian yetis.....ok, thats not common at all.

:ITA Its good to see the granddaugther of the Cicciolina continuing related with art.

:LTU The history of the lithuanian Rapunzel who trys to scape dancing in water......

:MDA Its impresive of that couple to continue with their love for so many years......but it s a lot more impresive to have a hippie van in that state for so many years , even with a floppy drive working perfectly!!

:NOR i dont speak norwegian but i can say with security that is the history of a guy who cant sleep for a women ghost, who always say the same phrase.

:POL am i the only one who relate the song with Disney?, like a polish Disney song in a football stadium.

:POR The music clip show us the beauty of the portuguese womans but......you must know, they are guarded by her brothers, 3 in this time!!.

:UKR In the 1:16 minute we can see Rasputin scaping from a mission in Ukraine, using the flute to hypnotize people and make easier the scape.

If you got here, thanks to read my bad jokes :yes

9 hours ago, vinipereira said:

My vacation this year maybe will be in Portugal and I hope to enjoy as many desserts as possible. All of them look delicious :d

Well if you do decide to go ping me for suggestions, just be prepared to ruin any healthy diet of yours haha

4 hours ago, konig said:

:POR The music clip show us the beauty of the portuguese womans but......you must know, they are guarded by her brothers, 3 in this time!!.

It’s even “worse”, it’s her two brothers AND her father :d

(Context: they’re singing “with” her because she died in an car accident some years ago and left this unfinished song/videoclip)

8 hours ago, konig said:

:ARG: What the hell is that "star face" of the 1:23 minutes?

:CRO: What a bad paint quality has that guy, luky for him, her girlfriend is a magician!

:FRA: Its probably has the "fakest" tear of all times.

:IND: an indian singer, singing in english in Paris.........thats a big mess than the song of :CZE

:INA indonesian yetis.....ok, thats not common at all.

:ITA Its good to see the granddaugther of the Cicciolina continuing related with art.

:LTU The history of the lithuanian Rapunzel who trys to scape dancing in water......

:MDA Its impresive of that couple to continue with their love for so many years......but it s a lot more impresive to have a hippie van in that state for so many years , even with a floppy drive working perfectly!!

:NOR i dont speak norwegian but i can say with security that is the history of a guy who cant sleep for a women ghost, who always say the same phrase.

:POL am i the only one who relate the song with Disney?, like a polish Disney song in a football stadium.

:UKR In the 1:16 minute we can see Rasputin scaping from a mission in Ukraine, using the flute to hypnotize people and make easier the scape.

If you got here, thanks to read my bad jokes :yes

I have no idea what you're talking about because I never watch the clips :lol: it distracts from the song in my opinion and I'm always doing something else while listening to the songs anyway

On 3/13/2023 at 12:09 AM, Cobi said:

Sure! Since India is in your team and their voting time is quite late you can swap with them, which means that :IND will vote in 7th place (14:42 in New Delhi) and :CHI in 36th place (16:42 in Santiago).

As long as @Fly_like_a_don is ok with that, of course.

Yeah that would be better.

TISC2023.png 

MALLORCA DOLPHINS

Mallorca, also known as Majorca, is the largest island in the Balearic Islands archipelago located in the western Mediterranean Sea. It is a popular tourist destination, known for its beautiful beaches, warm climate, and historic architecture.

TISC2023.png

The island's history dates back to prehistoric times when it was inhabited by the Talayotic people, who left behind numerous stone structures and artifacts. In 123 BC, the island was conquered by the Roman Empire, which left its mark on the island through the construction of roads, public buildings, and aqueducts.

In the 5th century, the island was invaded by the Vandals, followed by the Byzantine Empire and the Moors, who introduced Islamic culture and left behind architectural masterpieces such as the Almudaina Palace and the Bellver Castle.

TISC2023.png

In the 13th century, the Kingdom of Aragon took control of Mallorca, and the island became an important trading center in the Mediterranean. During this period, the island experienced a cultural and artistic boom, and numerous Gothic and Renaissance buildings were constructed, including the Cathedral of Santa Maria.

In the 20th century, Mallorca became a popular tourist destination, with its sandy beaches, clear waters, and vibrant nightlife attracting millions of visitors each year. Today, Mallorca is a thriving center of tourism, culture, and gastronomy, with a rich history that can be seen in its many historic sites, museums, and cultural events.

TISC2023.png

Dolphins are a common sight in the waters around Mallorca, and they are a popular attraction for tourists who go on boat tours or charter boats to see them up close.

There are several species of dolphins that can be found in the waters around Mallorca, including the common dolphin, bottlenose dolphin, and striped dolphin. These dolphins are known for their playful behavior, and they often swim alongside boats, jumping and spinning out of the water.

TISC2023.png

TYPICAL FOOD:

Mallorcan cuisine is a mix of influences, and it features a wide variety of seafood, meats, vegetables, and pastries. Some of the most popular dishes in Mallorca include:

• Pa amb oli: A traditional dish made with bread, olive oil, tomato, and garlic, and often served with cheese, ham, or cured meats.
  • Sobrassada: A cured sausage made from pork, paprika, and other spices, and typically served spread on bread.
  • Frito Mallorquín: A dish made with fried pork, potatoes, peppers, and other vegetables, and often served with aioli.
  • Ensaimada: A sweet pastry made with flour, sugar, eggs, and lard, and often dusted with powdered sugar.
  • Coca de Trampó: A flatbread topped with tomatoes, peppers, and onions, and often served as an appetizer or snack.

These dishes, along with many others, can be found in Mallorca's restaurants and cafes, and they are often accompanied by local wines, such as Binissalem, and spirits, such as Palo de Mallorca.

TISC2023.png

MEMBERS OF THE TEAM: