website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

I plan to go - staying at my friend's home and with media accreditation probably, so my only "worry" is the transport - from Poland it's either flight, but I prefer something less restricted (I mean luggage and all the boarding procedures). So I'll take either the night train (as I don't need any comfort I might even not take the couchette, but sitting place, as the last time) or the FlixBus.

For the food - my favorite one is Retró Lángos at Bajcsy-Zsillinszky u.

24 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I plan to go - staying at my friend's home and with media accreditation probably, so my only "worry" is the transport - from Poland it's either flight, but I prefer something less restricted (I mean luggage and all the boarding procedures). So I'll take either the night train (as I don't need any comfort I might even not take the couchette, but sitting place, as the last time) or the FlixBus.

We take the train as well. This is the best option.

No need to fly there,

and we don't need our car there as well. If we need it, we will rent sth.

we found a place to stay as well.

Good for you, you have media accreditation. We won't have it but we will not be at work there... :-)

On 2/5/2023 at 8:54 AM, Vojthas said:

Night Train >>> FlixBus

I have done both when I traveled between Budapest and Warsaw. Nothing against FlixBus, but traveling in a bus for many hours or during the night isn't "my thing". It was impossible for me to sleep. I did the night train with the cheapest sitting tickets and it was much better for me than the bus. But obviously the couchette is preferable if you don't want to sit during the night. 

37 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Night Train >>> FlixBus

I have done both when I traveled between Budapest and Warsaw. Nothing against FlixBus, but traveling in a bus for many hours or during the night isn't "my thing". It was impossible for me to sleep. I did the night train with the cheapest sitting tickets and it was much better for me than the bus. But obviously the couchette is preferable if you don't want to sit during the night. 

Sure, it depends on the priorities. I was going the day FlixBus, so not even planning to sleep. And as you say - sitting is cheaper than couchette. I have no problems with sleeping in a sit position and in fact not always willing to sleep in the travel. Even in the night.

• 1 month later...

Hey @rafalgorka, I was in Budapest very recently and had a chance to go near the stadium (other side of the Danube at Kopaszi gát), so I thought I would share it here. 

I took the picture with the shity camera of my shity phone, so yeah, it is what it is. And also, the best view from Kopaszi gát was at an old boat, I didn't plan this to compare the two. :lol:

8RlvgKT.jpg

Also, Kopaszi gát was lovely as always. Such a nice place near the stadium.

lw9zSO4.jpg

1FgvykZ.jpg

You get a nice view of the new tallest building of Hungary as well, the MOL Campus, the first structure near the size of a skyscraper in Budapest.

hgUEaYN.jpg

• 1 month later...