website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2023

Totallympics

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Huh, I had no idea the Olympics were here :yikes: That's pretty cool indeed :d 

Well they were close, the men's DH was in Val d'Isère on the Face de Bellevarde (probably the best olympic DH course in modern history).

Edited by Matteo92

Just now, hckošice said:

Well, technically it was in Val d´Isere. Meribel hosted the Women´s Alpine Skiing events and Ice Hockey

Still close enough to count it as a cool fun fact :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Let's go Snow Leopard :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Am I disappointed yes. The starting bibs had the advantage today. Ilka lost 0.40s in the upper part which should have been her strongest, the part where she would have gained the lead and hopefully carried it to the finish line. Strangely she lost the most out of all in the top 10 there, and gained in the part that hasn't suited her in the past. In her post race interview she sounded less cheerful than usual. If only she had started in the top 10... Plus her mom being in the hospital didn't help things today. Still after those past few season it's a miracle that she's even challenging for medals today. Now lets see what the rest of the season brings. Hopefully she will be able to fight Goggia for the downhill globe and come back stronger next season. But something tells me, that this could be it. After so many injuries I have a feeling that if she would have got a medal today she would have ended her career on the spot.