website statistics

World Games 2022

Totallympics

Slovakia at the World Games 2022

0 - 0 - 2

bronzovemedialistky.jpg?itok=_i5tYrZB

First 2 medals for Slovakia came both in the Day 2 of the competitions. Ingrida Suchánková (left) in Karate and Zuzana Hrašková (Right) in Finswimming

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Team :SVK Day 2 Results

Saturday 9th.

KARATE:

-61kg Kumite W

3. Ingrida Suchánková

Advanced to the Semifinals from 1st Place as winner of her Pool, despite losing already in the opening bout to Haya Jumaa of  :CAN  2:3, but after her win in the next matches against Alexandra Grande :PER 6:5 and Anna-Johanna Nilsson :SWE 4-2 she topped the group B.

In the Semifinal she lost to the eventual gold medalist Anita Serogina of :UKR 2:3,

which send her to the Bronze Medal bout she at the end finished by win 3:1 against Dahab Ali from :EGY 

Spoiler

20220709_183033.jpg?itok=isFGurVe

20220709_102036.jpg?itok=H61pnilN

FINSWIMMING:

100m Bi-Fins W

3. Zuzana Hrašková

The 400m Bi-Fins World record holder arrived to the games a bit disappointed to not have her strong event in the World Games schedule, but still ended by eventually winning a surprising bronze in her less prefered 100m race.

In the lane 1 she had not the best start possible being 7th after 50 meters but a really strong finish catapulted her to the bronze medal position behind the two Hungarian girls and only 0.06 ahead of Antonina Dudek from :POL

Spoiler

20220709_160302.jpg?itok=f7VtG3qP

Zuzana Hrašková in Lane 1 (Right) before the start of the Final

POWERLIFTING:

-72kg Heavyweight W

7. Ivana Horná

Bunch of national records were rewitten last night by Ivana Horná, In all 3 events with 215kg in the Squat, 140kg in the bench press and 235kg in the deadlift, improved her pb and NR by 5kg in first two and by 7 and half kg in the last discipline.

In overall it was more than a decent 7th place with a new pb and national record of 590kg a 17.5kg higher than the previous record.

Spoiler

20220709_140034.jpg?itok=3I0VSZFh

PARACHUTING:

Canopy Piloting M

6. (After Stage 4/12) Roman Dubský

After the first 4 events of the Canopy Piloting Roman Dubský sit at a very nice 6th place (was 4th in Accuracy, 9th in Distance, 16th in Freestyle and 18th in Speed)

The Competition will resume and coplete with all the remaining 8 stages on the next day.

All pics from SOŠV.SK/Peter Pašuth

:LTU wining gold and bronze in Standard Dance :clap: There were full expectations for all 3 Lithuanian couples to compete in the final, but our third pair finished 9th in semifinal. Anyway, Sodeika/Sodeikiene finally got their golds, after they were robbed in 2017 and left with the bronze as World Games gold were the only title they were missing.

Some chances for podium in drone racing and low chance in orienteering.

Silver medal for A. Kvesić and no medal for I. Kvesić in karate. Not an exceptional performance, but not a disaster either.

We are now up to three silvers. Beach handball is likely our only chance of a gold medal.

#banbestmen

Just a heads up, IRF (Raquetball) is streaming games up to the semifinals on their Facebook, and IFA (Fistball) is streaming preliminary games on their streaming service. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just a heads up, IRF (Raquetball) is streaming games up to the semifinals on their Facebook, and IFA (Fistball) is streaming preliminary games on their streaming service. 

Oh, nice to know! I want to watch the racquetball matches so I can root for Bolivia!

I love that the road speed skating events are taking place on public roads this time. It’s true to the way I practice the sport :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

What an entertaining race that was! I’m not sure athletes will and officials will like the course, but that created phenomenal racing. What an endorsement for roller speed skating!

:ECU gets a gold @hckošice

Breakdancing has sold out of tickets. It will be interesting to see what people think of it.

Refreshing to see Colombia lose (in a non-DQ-galore race). :p

I have no problem with the course. Road cyclist have to tackle road furniture all the time. Same should apply for inline skaters if they wish to compete on the road as well.

#banbestmen