website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS Junior World Championships 2023

Totallympics

:ALB Lara Colturi makes history! :cheer:

after blowing the Downhill gold medal in the last stint a couple of days ago (she ended up in 4th place), earlier Today she dominated with margin the girls' Super-G at the World Juniors, giving her "new" Country the first ever medal at any level in Wintersports.

and the Italian regrets can start big time...:rolleyes: :facepalm: :hairpull: :wall:

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

@phelpsI see Colturi has signed with Red Bull given her helmet? Guess they really believe she'll be the best thing in Italian... ahem... Albanian alpine skiing since Deborah Compagnoni :p

I'm not aware of her sponsors, but if she signed with Red Bull, good for her...;)

I'm more interested to see how her sports results go (and I hope she can win it all for :ALB and doesn't comeback to :ITA anymore).

Just now, Monzanator said:

:SWE Hanna Aronsson Elfman wins the Giant Slalom gold by over a second. Stefanie Grob takes silver and Lara Colturi bronze.

Emma Aicher in 4th so that's three Top 6 results for her but still no medal. I assume she finally wins one in slalom?

maybe...but it's not gonna be easy.

Colturi should win quite easily the overall combined ranking (if they still take it into account), unless she totally chokes in the Slalom race.

:SWE Hanna Aronsson Elfman takes the slalom - gold double as expected - but she only came from 4th after the first run.  :SUI Janine Maechler and :ITA Beatrice Sola take the remaining medals while :GER Emma Aicher completes the misery by finishing 4th. So that's four top 6 finishes but no individual medal.

Lara Colturi skipped the slalom and went back to Kronplatz W.Cup where she will get a Top 20 result.

last day of the championships...and finally, :ITA Italy take the men's Slalom Gold Medal, thanks to Corrado Barbera.

we end up the championship with 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze medals in the individual events (we might add 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze in the team events, but to me they don't count anything even at the Olympics, imagine in a youth competition).

in the "serious" Individual races, :SUI and :SWE won 2 Gold medals each, :ITA:SLO:FRA and :ALB won 1 Gold medal each.

:SUI:SWE:ITA also won 1 Gold medal each in the socalled (senseless and useless) Team events (Mixed Team Parallel, men's Team Alpine Combined, women's Team Alpine Combined).