website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2023

Totallympics

:FRA :ITA have had these laws since the EPO era, but this is a first for :USA.

A Texas man faces up to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to supplying performance-enhancing drugs to Olympic athletes.

Eric Lira, 43, is the first defendant to be charged under a new US law introduced in the wake of Russia's state-backed Olympic doping scandals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/65531036

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

:FRA :ITA have had these laws since the EPO era, but this is a first for :USA.

A Texas man faces up to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to supplying performance-enhancing drugs to Olympic athletes.

Eric Lira, 43, is the first defendant to be charged under a new US law introduced in the wake of Russia's state-backed Olympic doping scandals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/65531036

still, I haven't heard yet of all the people involved in the NOP being sentenced to jail (I mean, from Salazar to the Nike's CEO to all the athletes that trained in Eugene and surroundings)...:whistle:

5 hours ago, dullard said:

A bit a of a step up from the other Keyan's AIU has been busting lately :yikes:

Only a few years ago this was the man supposed to be the future of Kenyan running for the next decade...

On 4/19/2023 at 5:39 PM, Vektor said:

And the news dropped that we were "waiting for"...

The big name Hungarian swimmer under doping suspicion is... Tamás Kenderesi. This is one of the reasons why he isn't at the Hungarian National Championships.

This isn't official yet, but it seems...

Olympic bronze medalist :HUN Tamás Kenderesi is suspended. He will appeal, this is far from over.

But I think it's safe to say that his career is over. He's now behind Richárd Márton in men's 200m butterfly, which means that he isn't in the HUN Top2 in his main event, and now he definitely won't be able to compete with the younger Hungarian swimmers. 

:ITA:USA Nick Ponzio (men's Athletics, Shot Put) announced his retirement to avoid a long ban after missing 3 tests (2 in 2022 and 1 in 2023).

he always said it was a problem with the ADAMS and his iPhone, but he wasn't given any credit by WADA and by the Italian anti-doping authorities.

therefore he had to take this sudden and painful decision.

despite that, Today the fuckin' NADO decided to give him a 1-year ban (until April 2024).

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Ponzio always seemed to me like he was  a nice guy but this looks like he was either a total cheat or, more likely, a complete lazy idiot.

Agreed. People that miss multiple tests should be regarded as dopers. We all know that there have been cases in the past were athletes retired (to dope without the risk of getting caught) and then came back better than before (just recently we witnessed the miracle of Meilutyte being thrash before retiring, just to come back stealing medals shortly after. Gatlin or Efimova would be other examples of athletes that came back stronger/as strong as before). I am glad that WADA didn’t trust him and I wish they would have banned him longer. Absolutely wouldn’t be shocked if he returns eventually.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.