website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

I think he’s actually lucky here. His punishment would have been much worse in the US. He probably would have had a permanent ban from the sport for starters. Plus, he would have been given multiple accounts of sexual crimes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, most manslaughter sentences are much more than one year for starters. Plus you make a pretty vague claim here since there’s more than one type of manslaughter crime. 

Yes, welcome to the criminal system. People have only one life but there's like a gazillion ways to describe a killing. No wonder these lawyers make so much money for defending killers :p

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think he’s actually lucky here. His punishment would have been much worse in the US. He probably would have had a permanent ban from the sport for starters. Plus, he would have been given multiple accounts of sexual crimes.

Yes, but we all know the US judicial system is pretty sucky. It's either overreacting enormously or way underreacting :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, but we all know the US judicial system is pretty sucky. It's either overreacting enormously or way underreacting :p 

I recently learned about the Brazilian judicial system, so I’m feeling pretty good about ours :p

You have to remember that South Korea is modeled almost directly after the US system.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela