website statistics

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2019 version)

vlad

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2019 version)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2019 version)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2020 at 08:59 PM

Top 5: Athletics (With no doubt, my favourite summer sport), Badminton, Basketball, Fencing, Weightlifiting 

Honourable mentions: Gymnastics - Artistic, Judo, Modern Pentathlon, Sailing, Sport climbing

Bottom 5: Artistic Swimming, Basketball - 3x3, Skateboarding, Baseball and Softball

Sports I enjoy watching, except at the Olympics: Football (Men's tournament, U-23 players, come on! Send your best players, then I will start watching it.) Tennis (Too many of the top players don't participate.)

Tier 1: Athletics, Track Cycling, Fencing, Football, Volleyball, Water polo

Tier 2: everything not mentioned in 1,3,4

Tier 3: Artistic Swimming, Sprint Canoeing, Handball, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Badminton

Tier 4: Trampoline, Skateboarding, Surfing, BMX (freestyle)

Right, there's BMX freestyle. I should clarify BMX freestyle goes in my bottom list, but the actual racing is the one that's high on my list.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1-Football (just not the men's olympic tournament).  

2-Volleyball (I came to this forum from a volleyball forum, so not much to explain, i'm an ultra fanatic of this since I was a kid).  

3-Handball (I used to play it).

4-Field Hockey (didn't care much about it but started following seriously 6/7 years ago and now I watch many matches).  

5-Fencing (my favorite combat sport, I just love how it looks). 

Close: Basketball, Judo, Archery, Rugby 7s (I'd much rather watch XVs though).

Bottom 5: Wrestling, table tennis, road cycling, diving, Sailing (wouldn't even care if it weren't because ARG is good at it). 

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Sailing (wouldn't even care if it weren't because ARG is good at it). 

My feeling about equestrian dressage: the Dutch are pretty good at it (not as good as before, but still) but I just can not bring myself to watch it :p

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, judo, swimming and volleyball.

Next in line would be table tennis, archery, diving, artistic swimming and athletics.

The 10 (11 actuallÿ) sports I never watch: wrestling, taekwondo, basketball, baseball/softball, karate, sport climbing, badminton, fencing, cycling and boxing.

I've chosen tenis, athletics, basketball (5x5 and 3x3) and sport climbing. I also very like handball, football (would make top 5 if not U23 in men's tournament), beach volleyball, badminton, all kind of cycling and rugby sevens.

The bottom five would be artistic swimming, water polo, boxing, equstrian and rythmic gymnastics.

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, judo, swimming and volleyball.

Next in line would be table tennis, archery, diving, artistic swimming and athletics.

The 10 (11 actuallÿ) sports I never watch: wrestling, taekwondo, basketball, baseball/softball, karate, sport climbing, badminton, fencing, cycling and boxing.

Why Sport Climbing?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well of all the added sports, Sport Climbing seems to have the largest interest and support. It seems like it might actually deserve a place in the Olympics unlike some of the other recently added sports.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well of all the added sports, Sport Climbing seems to have the largest interest and support. It seems like it might actually deserve a place in the Olympics unlike some of the other recently added sports.

Sport climbing was already added in Paris with 4 events instead than 2 ;)