website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2019

phelps

Oh dear God, I just noticed that we couldn't even get the 9th place in Men's epee... Kazakhstan beat us and we only got an 11th place. This is a huge disaster for Hungarian fencing, we need a smaller miracle at the World Cup events to qualify. 

5 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Oh dear God, I just noticed that we couldn't even get the 9th place in Men's epee... Kazakhstan beat us and we only got an 11th place. This is a huge disaster for Hungarian fencing, we need a smaller miracle at the World Cup events to qualify. 

I think it's more going down to KOR and the top 4 European teams (RUS, SUI, FRA and ITA) results...if the Koreans get out of the top 4 (and the "big 4" from Europe all make the same top 4 of the WR), then you are still the best remaining European team...

difficult? yes...

impossible? not at all...especially should KOR tomorrow end up in 5th or 6th place and not better than that (and should ITA beat Ukraine in the quarterfinals and eventually get on the podium)...

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

I think it's more going down to KOR and the top 4 European teams (RUS, SUI, FRA and ITA) results...if the Koreans get out of the top 4 (and the "big 4" from Europe all make the same top 4 of the WR), then you are still the best remaining European team...

difficult? yes...

impossible? not at all...especially should KOR tomorrow end up in 5th or 6th place and not better than that (and should ITA beat Ukraine in the quarterfinals and eventually get on the podium)...

I am very much afraid that Ukraine will beat you tomorrow. I have heard that they are better than what their recent team results suggest and we were unlucky with the draw. 

Just now, Vektor said:

I am very much afraid that Ukraine will beat you tomorrow. I have heard that they are better than what their recent team results suggest and we were unlucky with the draw. 

I hope not...:p

however, our team is really inconsistent...so, anything can happen...

I don't expect much from our Epee guys (these guys), but who knows? it wouldn't be the first time they unexpectedly win global medals...

Hm, I didn't realize until now that we still have a chance in Women's foil. I hope Italy will jump into the Top4 (I mean, it would pretty weird if Italy stays out of the Top4 in Women's foil), and Russia, France also stay there. That way Poland, Germany, and maaaybe us will fight for the European spot. But Poland can still gain a lot of points here at the WCh, it would be great for us and Germany if they don't get a better result than the 8th place. 

Edited by Vektor

women's team Foil, Quarterfinals

:FRA France b. :POL Poland  45-39

:ITA Italy b. :JPN Japan  44-25

:RUS Russia b. :KOR South Korea  33-25

:USA United States b. :CAN Canada  45-41

women's team Foil, Semifinals

:FRA France vs :ITA Italy

:RUS Russia vs :USA United States

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Well, I wouldn't even be surprised if Ukraine wins the gold today in Men's epee...

yeah, right now they're just joking against a very poor Italian team...:cry:

they're not even using the individual bronze medallist, Igor Reizlin...

Edited by phelps