website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to watching Belfast. Solid film. Definitely deserved the recognition it got. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I don’t know if For All Mankind is on people’s radar outside the United States, but I’ve found it to be a throughly enjoyable series. Third season started a bit slow for me, but there were some great moments and reveals towards the end of the season. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know if For All Mankind is on people’s radar outside the United States, but I’ve found it to be a throughly enjoyable series. Third season started a bit slow for me, but there were some great moments and reveals towards the end of the season. 

I'm watching it with my dad :d 

Or well, we have been watching but lately kind of forgot. Still have to finish the first season but we are definitely enjoying it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

very much on top of the list of the Italian subscribers to Apple TV+ (the problem is that there are very few subscribers to that, here 98% of people with a paid subscription are stuck on the big 3: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and/or Sky Italia...even Disney+ has a lot less subscribers than expected)...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

very much on top of the list of the Italian subscribers to Apple TV+ (the problem is that there are very few subscribers to that, here 98% of people with a paid subscription are stuck on the big 3: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and/or Sky Italia...even Disney+ has a lot less subscribers than expected)...

Apple TV+ isn't huge here neither, except for...you know, the typical Apple users with the need to have everything Apple in their life :p 

Spoiler

Including the little box to get Apple TV on your not super modern TV, which is highly annoying because it's often giving troubles and bugs and whatnot. Luckily I have a Chromecast nowadays which does in fact work superbly :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apple TV+ isn't huge here neither, except for...you know, the typical Apple users with the need to have everything Apple in their life :p 

Hide contents

Including the little box to get Apple TV on your not super modern TV, which is highly annoying because it's often giving troubles and bugs and whatnot. Luckily I have a Chromecast nowadays which does in fact work superbly :p 

actually, the Apple TV is the only apple product I have...and I'll never regret spending quite a lot of money to get it...the picture quality is way better than all the other devices I've tried...

by the way, I also have a Chromecast integrated in my TV, so, I'm OK with any app in the world...:lol:

So I’d only seen the train crash scene from Super 8 on YouTube, but saw the film was available on HBO MAX recently. I finally watched the whole film, and I thought it was a great love letter to 70s/80s extraterrestrial/paranormal films. I don’t remember it releasing in 2011, but apparently it did moderately well. I’m surprised it didn’t get some more critical nods. Glad the kids got some awards though. They really carried that film.