website statistics

Wrestling 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

one thing I will probably never understand is why cannabis is considered as doping. It is definitely not a performance-stimulating substance, rather the opposite :p

actually, it depends on the sport and of what result you need to achieve.

it takes anxiety away, so if you need to relax, technically it's a performance enhancing drug.

31 minutes ago, phelps said:

actually, it depends on the sport and of what result you need to achieve.

it takes anxiety away, so if you need to relax, technically it's a performance enhancing drug.

Yeah, I imagine in Motosport, Archery, Shooting or Equestrian, but I do not see how a stoned guy can honestly be a threat in a wrestling mat :d

19 hours ago, phelps said:

@MHSN

finally, Turkish media were right. :cry: :facepalm:

so he will lose the 2022 World bronze and that's the only harm ? I think the outcome isn't that terrible after all. even though I was starting to believe that Turkish report was fake. obviously not

UWW already adjusted 2022 results but interestingly didn't publish anything about it. they probably think hiding a 3 months ban on one of their superstarts doesn't hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

Olympic superheavy weight champion Gable Steveson announced the will wrestle at the US open later this month which means he is coming back

he left the real wrestling after winning the gold in Tokyo for the fake wrestling WWE, but for whatever reason he is leaving that shit for the real deal.

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

Olympic superheavy weight champion Gable Steveson announced the will wrestle at the US open later this month which means he is coming back

he left the real wrestling after winning the gold in Tokyo for the fake wrestling WWE, but for whatever reason he is leaving that shit for the real deal.

I think it has a lot to do with the recent WWE vs UFC affair, with the latter buying a more and more struggling WWE. :mumble:

some cut to the rosters and the payrolls in the US fake wrestling industry might have pushed him to reconsider the Olympic glory (and some new contracts a second Olympic gold medal would bring him).

2 hours ago, phelps said:

I think it has a lot to do with the recent WWE vs UFC affair, with the latter buying a more and more struggling WWE. :mumble:

some cut to the rosters and the payrolls in the US fake wrestling industry might have pushed him to reconsider the Olympic glory (and some new contracts a second Olympic gold medal would bring him).

Thanks, I don't follow WWE , didn't know there are some problems there, (never understand why people might be interested in such a thing, they can watch movies if they want fake fights)

US wrestling is actually paying pretty good to its successful wrestlers. it's good news to watch him in action once again. he never met our top guy (only trash talking between them lol) 125kg will be very interesting in Belgrade with him, Akgul, Geno, that Mongolian tough guy and our wrestler (Zare or the new guy Masoumi)

I still can't forget how Geno lost to him in the very last second in Tokyo :cry: