website statistics

Wrestling 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

no idea, but I think that it was just a tournament not on his schedule.

probably he doesn't want to cut weight too many times and he's back in training for the next targeted event (which I guess it will be the European Championship).

people like him don't need too many of these tournaments to get in good shape nor to keep themselves high in the world ranking.

never mind, it is really an impossible mission to find the real truths in our wrestling federation, top secret files lol. thanks anyway :d

21 hours ago, hckošice said:

never mind, it is really an impossible mission to find the real truths in our wrestling federation, top secret files lol. thanks anyway :d

First news about Tsakulov wins in our media is by no surprise our NOC website (but again no info about Tajmuraz, not even a single word) https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/batyrbek-cakulov-alexandria-2023 !

Not a single mention about this tournament/result in other sport related sites or medias as well at all...even our wrestling federation still did not update their informations since the nomination of athletes for this tourney... so to say...if not Totallympics I would not have even the info about it :wacko:

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

First news about Tsakulov wins in our media is by no surprise our NOC website (but again no info about Tajmuraz, not even a single word) https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/batyrbek-cakulov-alexandria-2023 !

Not a single mention about this tournament/result in other sport related sites or medias as well at all...even our wrestling federation still did not update their informations since the nomination of athletes for this tourney... so to say...if not Totallympics I would not have even the info about it :wacko:

well, at least there's always Totallympics! :d

• 2 weeks later...

some Turkish news websites claim that Frank Chamizo failed the drug test at the 2022 World Champs (which will result in Soner Demirtas receiving the bronze medal)

still I can't find any other source confirming that. but this is a big news. I mean Chamizo is not as good as he used to be but he is still a big name. if confirmed that will be a very unfortunate news.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

some Turkish news websites claim that Frank Chamizo failed the drug test at the 2022 World Champs (which will result in Soner Demirtas receiving the bronze medal)

still I can't find any other source confirming that. but this is a big news. I mean Chamizo is not as good as he used to be but he is still a big name. if confirmed that will be a very unfortunate news.

I do some checks on the Italian antidoping federation, and there isn't nothing for now. Well, let's wait and see... 

37 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I do some checks on the Italian antidoping federation, and there isn't nothing for now. Well, let's wait and see... 

Yes I still have my doubts if the report is correct. because it's reported by the 3rd party, (not Italy and not UWW) sometimes these reports are simply wrong

but it's reported by the most reliable Turkish newspaper and Turkey have some guys in highest positions of UWW and can get inside news probably sooner than the rest of the world, so ... it can be correct. but I hope it's not.

55 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yes I still have my doubts if the report is correct. because it's reported by the 3rd party, (not Italy and not UWW) sometimes these reports are simply wrong

but it's reported by the most reliable Turkish newspaper and Turkey have some guys in highest positions of UWW and can get inside news probably sooner than the rest of the world, so ... it can be correct. but I hope it's not.

Chamizo isn't exactly the smartest person in this world, it wouldn't surprise me frankly if he tested positive for cannabis or anything like that... I just hope they aren't steroids, in which case he would be sportingly dead for me.

so far, no news about Chamizo in the Italian media, which could be good news...

I'm pretty sure that if he gets DQ for that, the news would quickly hit the headlines of the sport websites and not only those ones.

let's wait and see...a bomb like that won't take a lot of time to explode.

personally, if it happens, it would be the most painful sport disappointment since the Schwazer sh*t just before London 2012.

most likely, it would be another (the last?) push to stop following any Olympic sport...:facepalm:

@intoronto you notified me here, apparently I can't answer you back in that thread

apparently Zangeneh received the 3rd caution in the last seconds and lost the match by 3 cautions disqualification despite leading the scoreboard. (which is confusing for those who are not 100% familiar with this sport)

he is OK. not bad but not good either. once repesented Iran at the World U23 Champs and won a bronze medal with a dream draw. he will never win a world medal but probably good enough to qualify for the Olympics from Pan-Ams. (if don't run into USA and maybe Cuba)

but I saw another familiar name, Mehdi Zeidvand who lost to Zangeneh in freestyle but just won the Greco competition. Zeidvand represented Iran in World senior Champs before. this is probably near the end of his career

Just now, MHSN said:

@intoronto you notified me here, apparently I can't answer you back in that thread

apparently Zangeneh received the 3rd caution in the last seconds and lost the match by 3 cautions disqualification despite leading the scoreboard. (which is confusing for those who are not 100% familiar with this sport)

he is OK. not bad but not good either. once repesented Iran at the World U23 Champs and won a bronze medal with a dream draw. he will never win a world medal but probably good enough to qualify for the Olympics from Pan-Ams. (if don't run into USA and maybe Cuba)

but I saw another familiar name, Mehdi Zeidvand who lost to Zangeneh in freestyle but just won the Greco competition. Zeidvand represented Iran in World senior Champs before. this is probably near the end of his career

Luckily for Zangeneh he has one more shot of making the Canadian team (in December)