website statistics

Swimming 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Edinburgh International is on YT this weekend.  FYI my personal best in this pool is 55mins for the 1300m Breast Stroke, set from Lane 7 in Monday last.  Also, my favourite locker is 941, the Locker of Champions.

https://youtube.com/@StreamScene

5 hours ago, ELENAGM said:

Will you see the women's ncaa? do you have any bets?

I will be watching whatever I can. Like most college sports besides football, basketball, baseball, softball and track, I really have no idea on who should win and who could upset. Just watching for that school spirit!:cheer:

Open Water Len Cup

Stage #1 (Eilat)

Women's Race

Gold: :AUS Chelsea Gubecka

Silver: :AUS Madeline Gough

Bronze: :ITA Ginevra Taddeucci

men's Race

Gold: :FRA Marc-Antoine Olivier

Silver: :ITA Domenico Acerenza

Bronze: :ITA Marcello Guidi

(7th: :ITA Gregorio Paltrinieri)

Something i noticed/remembered while looking at the results of the 2022 swimming world championships:

Only 7 european women won an individual medal in an olympic event (Compared to 15 european men winning one) and if everyone would have competed (MacNeil, McKeon, Titmus, Schoenmaker) it probably only would have been 4. In the medley and backstroke events european women didn't win a single medal and 3 of the 7 individual medallists won their medal in the 100 breast. Also no european nation has a realistic chance of winning a relay medal on the women's side. Would be interesting to know the reason for this imbalance and of course european nations should try everything they can to fix this. Canada on the other hand is extremely strong on the women's side and almost nonexistant on the men's side.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.