website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

The scandal of Italian rhythmic gymnastics continues to create controversy, new newspaper articles appear almost daily. Captain Alessia Maurelli "sanctioned" yesterday that the historic nickname of the team, "Le Farfalle" (Butterfly), is dead and will no longer be used.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Watch her and remember the name, Lilianna Lewińska from :POL takes two gold medals at Junior World Championships, it are first ever gold medals for Polish rhythmic gymnastics in any level! :clap:

Edit: @thiago_simoes what you can say about her? She have a chances for good positions in this year Seniors World Championships or for qualification to Paris Olympics?

Edited by rybak

4 hours ago, rybak said:

Watch her and remember the name, Lilianna Lewińska from :POL takes two gold medals at Junior World Championships, it are first ever gold medals for Polish rhythmic gymnastics in any level! :clap:

Edit: @thiago_simoes what you can say about her? She have a chances for good positions in this year Seniors World Championships or for qualification to Paris Olympics?

The senior Polish group won a gold medal at a World Cup stage this year, but I get your point. When it comes to World Championships, World Games or the Olympics, this is a first for Poland, and very, very impressive.

Now, about her chances for Paris... I think they're slim. I didn't even try to understand the qualification system for Paris, but I think that her only chance to qualify will be at the 2024 European Championships. Not the best case scenario for a first-year senior. Also, she looks clean and strong, but she's scoring 30/31 (which is awesome for a junior gymnast) but the best senior gymnasts are scoring 34/35. Only time will tell what else she will be able to achieve, but don't get your hopes up until 2025.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

The senior Polish group won a gold medal at a World Cup stage this year, but I get your point. When it comes to World Championships, World Games or the Olympics, this is a first for Poland, and very, very impressive.

Now, about her chances for Paris... I think they're slim. I didn't even try to understand the qualification system for Paris, but I think that her only chance to qualify will be at the 2024 European Championships. Not the best case scenario for a first-year senior. Also, she looks clean and strong, but she's scoring 30/31 (which is awesome for a junior gymnast) but the best senior gymnasts are scoring 34/35. Only time will tell what else she will be able to achieve, but don't get your hopes up until 2025.

I think that he even hasn't a structure ribbon routine, I would be a bit more prudent. Lewinska impressed me during the week, but she has to work slowly, without burn any stage. Los Angeles 28 could be the objective ;)