website statistics

Football 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, owenp_23 said:

:IRQ surprises :IRI in the U20 Asian Cup quarterfinals.

not really a surprise. Iraq is always a tough opponent for us and to be honest they were the better team and deserved the win.

and I wasn't even sure if Iran seriously tries for the win for some politically motivated reasons :d (I watched the match and I know they tried, they just lost to a better team) per rules if you are European or American you are allowed to mix sports with politics, but since we are not, Iraqis should pray to not get "that team" in their group. I assume they won't play too

btw I don't know why exactly but Iran never gets good results in youth level football. :wacko: Iran even failed to qualify for the Asian U20 Cup last time :facepalm:

:ESP Felix Sanchez (ex Qatar NT coach) is the new head coach of :ECU Ecuador national team

that's interesting because he was supposed to be announced as our coach today but yet apparently Ecuadorian stole him on his way to Tehran :d

I really fear for the worst, :( I think that mafia boss local coach will finally get what he always wanted. I just hope they hire someone else. anybody, no matter who. just not this guy. I can't convince myself to cheer for any team he coaches, even if that's our beloved "Team Melli"

New NR in :SVK football league

Exactly 141 spectators attended Yesterday´s game Liptovský Mikuláš vs Skalica :p It is already the second time this season less than 200 people attended our Fortuna-Liga match (and the lowest ever amount of spectators, if not counting the games without spectators or the 20/21 season under Covid measures ofc)

funny enough also the previous record was set in the match between both teams, but played in Skalica

This season it was already the 5th match with less than 400 spectators in the stands :lol: Can someone finally answer me, for whom and why is this competition actually being played ? what an incredible waste of money for something that nobody is interested ... even the basketball league (I am really serious) has bigger audiences so to say...

image.png

Pictures from the stands :lol:

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by hckošice

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

New NR in :SVK football league

Exactly 141 spectators attended Yesterday´s game Liptovský Mikuláš vs Skalica :p It is already the second time this season less than 200 people attended our Fortuna-Liga match (and the lowest ever amount of spectators, if not counting the games without spectators or the 20/21 season under Covid measures ofc)

funny enough also the previous record was set in the match between both teams, but played in Skalica

This season it was already the 5th match with less than 400 spectators in the stands :lol: Can someone finally answer me, for whom and why is this competition actually being played ? what an incredible waste of money for something that nobody is interested ... even the basketball league (I am really serious) has bigger audiences so to say...

image.png

Pictures from the stands :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe the visitors' fans went away for their ice hockey team match. :p

Still no excuse for the hosts:mumble:

27 minutes ago, Thagard said:

Maybe the visitors' fans went away for their ice hockey team match. :p

Still no excuse for the hosts:mumble:

The public general level of interest in our club football was already very low in the last decades, this is nothing new,

*older "prehistoric" uncomfortable stadiums,

*bigger clubs from bigger cities for financial and other reasons gradually went bankrupt or disappeared from our National top tier league resulting on *small towns clubs without special fanbase playing the Top-Tier league,

*major european leagues games in TV easily accessible,

*very poor quality of football, I mean watching 90 minutes in a freezing weather of absolute boredome where 22 guys are literally walking on the pitch here and there and time by time someone kick the ball some 20 meters wide of the goal is already not the most tempting idea to do on your Saturday evening...

but this season it really touched the absolute new level.

It was some time ago when some our clubs wanted to restart the Czecho-Slovak league, found even aggreement on the Czech side, I do believe this would help a lot, but UEFA did not allow it and immediatelly stopped this "rebellion" and then we have the situation we have now. Extreme waste of money in a completely unattractive competition that does not attract anyone

Edited by hckošice